Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

meg on the fence zeiss zebra 135mm @3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: meg on the fence zeiss zebra 135mm @3.5 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice flare!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I took some with aperture stopped down in silhouette which had no flare but I like this one the best. Flare has its place!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, I played around with the photo a little and I think I have made a little improvement, if you are interested in the result let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do show!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first I have to say that due to the previous JPG compression and 8 bit depth, and my use of B&W intermediate step, the final image results quantized. If I did the same step on the original RAW TIF conversion it would not be that way.

Anyway this is what I came up with:

To rescue the details I had to use an intermediate B&W step, that causes a little "silverization" of the colour. if you don't like the slight hue shift, you can convert to B&W.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Orio, looks like a contrast change towards silhouette. I will post some of those as well I love the late evening sun in Autumn, it adds a lovely golden glow to everything

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reworked in light room increased contrast reduced brightness increased saturation in yellows, decrased saturation in greens pushed up blacks too plus a slight crop. Better?