Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just because *g*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Just because *g* Reply with quote

... I like it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first image has just the right amount of background blur to bring
the subject out. REALLY a good shot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:

+1!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Laurence wrote:

+1!

+2!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ... unfortunately the model asked me this morning "but you didn't do big stuff with Photoshop - it looks like just the images".

Well, I explained to her _before_ that I am bound to nativeness in my photography and that I am not a Photoshop artist and don't want to be one ... maybe she didn't understand ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 very nice.

Did you tell the model you manage the 3D effect without doing much on photoshop?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not easy today, most of them want porcelain skin and glamour glow & co.
I like your images very much.
Today I think that in fashion photography at least the name of the photoshop artist should be mentioned next to the photographer... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
Laurence wrote:

+1!

+2!!

+3!!!

You like it? No wonder!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Did you tell the model you manage the 3D effect without doing much on photoshop?"

I am sure she wouldn't understand that question Smile.

@Carlsson: 100% ACK ... personally I hate porcelain skin (unless the model in fact is having it by nature) ... nothing is more sexy than freckles or small imperfections ... I like to call it "nativeness".

Anyway, I she doesn't like it, I do :p ... and obviously there's a bunch of photographers around here, who do, too Wink

(I guess I don't need to show her the roll of Fuji Pro 160S which I shot with the Contax 645 during the session ... wouldn't like it, either)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a bigger size shot for my "fans" - lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, my eyes weren't good enough for that tiny, postage stamp size... I'm sure your model would have felt we could hardly see her... this is much better.

I agree with the consensus re the background: blur just right. But the symmetry, broken by her pose, is also something that makes the photo work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her dress has a weird pattern/crease right where the pelvic area might be.
I'm not at home so I can't point to it.
I'm a nit picker, I know.
Or could be just this crappy 15 years old monitor. Or my glasses combined with tuesday morning and SNOWING, yep, snowing like hell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shot and good model Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shots are great. I can't say I like the model's expression though. Not exactly sure what kind of emotion she is trying to convey...maybe something along the lines of "fierce and confident" as some high-fashion runway walkers do? I'd recommend she practice in front of a mirror. This isn't supposed to be mean at all, but models need to be keenly aware of how they look all the time, and a good expression shouldn't be by accident.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more for the fans Smile