Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ladybugs' Dinner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Ladybugs' Dinner Reply with quote

Shot with the Vivitar 55/2.8, cropped about 50%.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning as always!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb, impressive!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW 3 times !!! Shocked
Thank you Ladybug for preserving our beautiful flowers.

I was just imaging one thing : the same picture shot with a wide angle, but by Ladybug itself to show us Rense shooting her with its equipment. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... another great macro shot Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks too! Very Happy

Wow these are nice photos of tiny 1mm or less subjects! Also low-contrast situation due to color similar to vegetation, and translucent.

Some ant species raise Aphids for their sweet excrement, known as honeydew. In heavily infested areas, the honeydew drops like rain, is gathered and eaten by people, too. I haven't had the, erm, pleasure...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive shot!

I have been thinking of buying some ladybugs to release them in my garden.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shocked
You can buy ladybugs??

Great macro shots...very cool to see the ladybug in action.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
Shocked
You can buy ladybugs??

Yes, we have shops here called "Agricultural Consortium", where the farmers (but also the normal people with a garden) can buy things useful for cultivations. Ladybugs are sold as part of "eco-sustaineable" "biological" agriculture, that uses no chemicals for killing pests, and use instead natural enemies, such as ladybugs.

Last edited by Orio on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, we have shops here called "Agricultural Consortium", where the farmers (but also the normal people with a garden) can buy things useful for cultivations. Ladybugs are sold as part of "eco-sustaineable" "biological" agriculture, that uses no chemicals for killing pests, and use inside natural enemies, such as ladybugs.

What a brilliant idea,we can buy worms and worm farms here but that is the first time I have come across buying other handy garden friendly bugs!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too far off topic (apologies to Rense!), in addition to ladybugs, here several other beneficial insects are available such as Mason Bees, and a tiny wasp that lays eggs inside destructive moth larvae.

Me, I feed the wild birds -- they feast on all sorts of destructive insects, as do bats. Also I like to hear their songs Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely ladybugs.

First time I heard about buying ladybugs. It make sense though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic warm colors and intriguing insect detail! It's a joy to look at these Rense, I look forward to seeing more of your insect work during this summer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
WOW 3 times !!! Shocked
Thank you Ladybug for preserving our beautiful flowers.

+1 (makes 6 wows total now) and yes, go ladybugs! In my garden, I have very many of them. I keep waking them with my working in the dirt so far this spring. They come to life from their dormancy, patrol the expired foliage then crawl back down under and return to sleep, it's not quite time for them yet here.

K.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb macro shots!