Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 silver portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 silver portrait Reply with quote

This lens is single coated,perhaps not coated at all:) After many experience with portrait lenses like CZJ Biotar 75mm f1.5 and SMC Takumar 85mm f1.8, Helios-40-2 85mm f1.5, CZJ Pancolar 80mm f1.8 I still believe this is one of the best on my collection.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely portrait, I think I already seen it, but very nice anyway, here your youngest daughter looks much relaxed, which makes the picture feel good. Other times she looks a bit at unease posing for portrait.

Oh and when you want to get rid of that Biotar 75 that shoots portraits worse than the Jupiter, you know whom you have to call Razz Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha Smile I know you will be the first. Yes I published already this picture, now I get some old ones and publish again to make fresh content , not many people read older threads I guess. Sad to see this silver lens going so cheap on Ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can say is that my J-9 black version is tack sharp (stopped down of course).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know I have black MC a superb lens and a silver one also superb. Silver one has less contrast than black MC. They are equal level of Nikkor 85mm f1.8 Non-AI and I like better than Nikkor 85mm f2.
I suppose if you don't like much your copy must be a quality control issue.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila

I dont care if it is old, it's a beautiful portrait of a lovely young lady. With four of my own, I am an expert.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent portrait, Attila! Very beautiful girl.
And another evidence that this lens is a great one!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed this portrait , because sad to see this valuable lens going on such a low price people not respect because not MC, not Japanese etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really cool portrait.

I thought the m42 version was always black?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, M42 always black!