Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Freedom at Budapest ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Freedom at Budapest ... Reply with quote

Taken width a phone, this is not unique scene! Thanks for our government!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila
There are streets in Los Angeles and San Francisco literally swamped with homeless people living on the sidewalks. Homelessness is prevalent here in the US - the land of plenty. The rate of families living below the poverty line is increasing here as the rich get much richer. Democracy is under seige from politicians who are only interested in making money for themselves.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, right. But I can tell you I saw only one in Fort Lauderdale, Florida under half year in 2000 and never was common in my country under the communist government and also wasn't common a few yrs before. We have both "very nice president" same kind of .. Pretty sad to see people like her, yes she is a woman , hard to believe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Democracy is under seige from politicians who are only interested in making money for themselves.
patrickh

Hmm... this line sounds familiar.... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, this is precious photograph. It is important to testify and show what the governments don't want to be talked about.
I believe in this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't care the sound of people in the last year in 23th of October all street was fully with protesters more than 300 000 people on the streets and many of them was brave enough to make hand fighting with police. Doesn't helped unfortunately.In USA, Europe same people catch the power .We can trust only in Iran, China and Russia Smile at least in Russian lenses Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila
This is the old church in Los Angeles at 5:30 in the morning. The homeless are allowed to sleep on the sidewalk there, but have to be away in time for the tourists before 6

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful! Here they don't have to go anywhere... they stay where they want...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's bad. You can find that in almost every bigger city, I guess.
When I was in San Francisco only some steps away from our hotel you could find those guys, too. Sad.

At the moment, we have a competition in a local radio station in which you can win a trip to Budapest, Attila. They call the city "Paris of the East" or "Queen of the Danube" but recently a person who knows the city well has talked about it a little. He said that on first sight it is a wonderful and gorgeous city! Full of impressive buildings etc. But if you look behind the curtains you can see the problems. This report reminded me of your stories, Attila.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any problem in Münich 15 yrs before , but I saw a lot in Dortmund.Hopefully south Germany is still great, but I am not sure at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I didn't see any problem in Münich 15 yrs before , but I saw a lot in Dortmund.Hopefully south Germany is still great, but I am not sure at all.

You have to know where to look...
But then, the Bavarian government is a lot stricter with homeless people (which is not always good!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

You will not see much on the streets. This is not the problem here. The loosers of the competition are sitting in their homes and watching cheap crappy game shows.
We have about 13 percent unemployment here in the ruhr area (I live in northwest of germany near the dutch border). I know that this is more dramatically in some other countries but it is a relativly new experience here. For a long time the german society was well balanced with a huge middle class. Now the society becomes more and more devided. Quarters with 90% unemployment, former industry workers which have no chance in modern microelectronic industries. Then the quarters of the former middle class which are living in a continued fear of social descent because the wages are falling and falling whereas income from capital increases. And then there are the winners - they benefit from decreasing taxes for high incomes, from sinking costs for workers. I don't know what to do but I'm in fear about the results of a collapsing society. What happens if the loosers of this "game" are not happy with their game shows on TV anymore?

Michael

*oops* This is too serious for the gallery forum Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the loosers watch garbage for food! This is unacceptable in my opinion.Goverment must take care every citizen not just selected ones..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some months ago, in Oradea Sad

© Cosmin Munteanu

© Cosmin Munteanu

© Cosmin Munteanu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touching shots, Cosmin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Touching shots, Cosmin.

I agree. Very good work, documenting a sad reality.