Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Budapest Zoo over and over again...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Budapest Zoo over and over again... Reply with quote

Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AIS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a season ticket? Very Happy

They are all really nice - so colourful!
Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first one, Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are funny guys, only one times happen I could get this close. They are always sitting on the top right below the roof.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoos are among my favourite places - unfortunately I do not have one nearby where I now live. I really loved those shots Attila. All with the 50/1.8? I just bought one of those (I have the 1.4 and the 2, but not the 1.Cool - should be here in a couple of days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all with 50mm f1.8 AIS these guys were amazingly close to me. All Nikkor 50mm lens are excellent performer you will won't disappointed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Zoos are among my favourite places - unfortunately I do not have one nearby where I now live. I really loved those shots Attila. All with the 50/1.8? I just bought one of those (I have the 1.4 and the 2, but not the 1.Cool - should be here in a couple of days.

The 1.8 is very good because it completely lacks distortion, when I used to have the autofocus version (which I sold out this year), I used to use that lens (which is the 50 1.8 plus autofocus) to photograph all the paintings in my father's collection. It was the only lens I had at the time that did actually make a perfect picture of canvases without distorting them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio, I didn't know anything about this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's better than the 1.4 with regards to distortion, in fact I bought the 1.4 manual which is a fantastic lens, but distorted the paintings when I tried to reproduce them.
Even the 58mm macro autofocus, which was a great Nikkor lens, I also sold it this year, it was very good macro, and much sharper than the 50 1.8, but still, when shooting paintings, it did apply a little distortion.
So I bought that macro Nikkor mainly to photograph paintings, but I ended up always using the 50 1.8 because it was the only one that did not distort the lines.

Yes I know I am obsessed about lens distortion Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I know nothing about that .... Smile