Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Charly Barringer, President Zeiss Historical USA has passed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Charly Barringer, President Zeiss Historical USA has passed Reply with quote

With great astonishment I got the info this morning that Charlie has passed. What a lot as he was a huge source of information and there was hardly any Zeiss lens ever made he had not known. Not an easy to handle man but always reliable. He maintained the largest database of Zeiss serial numbers and a Zeiss information group on yahoo also. His famous book with Marc James Small will be our memory also. May his soul rest in peace!

(2nd from left, at the Nikon Historical Society meeting in Vienna 2006)

http://www.alibris.co.uk/search/books/isbn/9781874707240

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad. May he rest in peace.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my first visit to Charlie's place. I felt like a kid in a candy shop. Then, I was interested in Contax RF and noticed his ultra rare Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 in Contax RF mount. So many rare and beautiful Zeiss lenses to behold in his care. Rest in peace, Charlie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grear that you had a chance to meet him Wilson.
Indeed he had quite some rare treasures!