Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 35mm f/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 35mm f/4.5 Reply with quote

All images shot wide open except for , 2 & 3. Lens mounted on a Sony Alpha 700.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results from a really old lens. Particularly like 1 and 4, and the daisies shot is a very interesting angle, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think #1 has the 3D pop?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1,2 & 4 for me, lens shows a lot of character. I agree about the pop in image 1, looks good and sharp too, thanks for sharing.

FWIW, I've liked all the Meyer lenses I've seen so far I think.

K.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 deffo pops a bit Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lens, I have it. And good samples you made.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely samples of what the lens can do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all, for your keen eyes , and nice comments. I am starting to love this lens more as the days go by. I have a hairline to shave or adjust to get to infinity~which I have not attained on this lens yet. I am assuming that I will get great sky , landscape , or night scape shots, once I do- I am working on it . Smile Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primagon is the sharpest Meyer early-postwar/alu lens. And sharpness is combined with near-APO performance, which is not typical for many lenses, especially retrofocal with only 4 optical elements.

Great captures Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X
Quote:
Primagon is the sharpest Meyer early-postwar/alu lens. And sharpness is combined with near-APO performance, which is not typical for many lenses, especially retrofocal with only 4 optical elements.

I did not know that, and I am excited to hear that- I think it is a keeper for sure. Smile Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, compared to Lydith 30/3.5, Helioplan 40/4.5, Primoplan 58/1.9, Primoplan 75/1.9 and Trioplan 100/2.8 this is really the sharpest one. Maybe Trioplan 50/2.9 has sharp center, but corners are softer than with Primagon Smile