Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quick search function
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Quick search function Reply with quote

Select (mark) any word or words and go top right side and click on Quick search link .

Result will be search result of your word(s) from titles.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice and useful add-on, thanks...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Attila. Many thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a very nice feature; thanks so much for what you do to make the site better!
tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a big help... Thanks Attila

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You very welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better than the pop-up menu! Personally I'd like to see a search field where one can type in (or copypaste) a search directly, however.

Now there's also the strange behaviour that clicking “quick search” without anything selected still tries to search with the empty string. Perhaps this could be detected in javascript before executing the empty search and instructions for how to use the quick search shown.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Much better than the pop-up menu! Personally I'd like to see a search field where one can type in (or copypaste) a search directly, however.

Now there's also the strange behaviour that clicking “quick search” without anything selected still tries to search with the empty string. Perhaps this could be detected in javascript before executing the empty search and instructions for how to use the quick search shown.

Search field is there in normal search function, this function was a quick addition I hope I will have time to finish normally later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Search field is there in normal search function

I know, my point was that it would be nice to have a field where you can type in the search directly instead of going through to the search page first. Many other sites I use have one in the upper right corner, as do most (all?) modern browsers. It doesn't add new functionality, but gives faster access to the same feature… So, just an idea to consider if you are improving search—now the back-end of that search field could be the same URL as is used by the quick search code. =)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helpful - thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb function ... will help a lot.
Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice addition. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila