Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2 & Hood - cute or what?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Industar 50-2 & Hood - cute or what? Reply with quote

I always thought this lens looked cute, so recently I bought one after reading about it on this forum. When it arrived, it came complete with its dedicated hood!

This shot is the first I've taken with it @ f11.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute! It looks like a musical instrument. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that original hood? I have never seen that kind of a hood, and this lens is very prone to lens flare and glare. Is it made out of rubber?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egidio wrote:
is that original hood? I have never seen that kind of a hood, and this lens is very prone to lens flare and glare. Is it made out of rubber?

As far as I know it is an original hood. It is made of rigid plastic.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hood is great, I need one for my little cutie.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw this kind of hood.
Makes the lens more flare proofed.
Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess you turn the entire hood to change the aperture? Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:

Yup, that's right. The hood covers up the index dot on the aperture ring, so it helps to make a mark on the hood and line it up with the index dot.

I bought a hood like this from "alex-photo" in Ukraine.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that hood made my day:) I have to get one too

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Pingu!

I have a Jupiter 11 square push-on hood that is exactly the same material inside and outside. Is there some marking on the hood like this to reveal the manufacturer?

This is fed.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hood that Ed has is original and its KMZ, there is a mark under the collar but its hard to see, as peterqd says you can buy it from alexphotogoods in Ukraine-but watch out they come in 2 sizes so check first which is right. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
natebarnz wrote:

Yup, that's right. The hood covers up the index dot on the aperture ring, so it helps to make a mark on the hood and line it up with the index dot.

Actually Peter, the hood doesn't cover the dot on the aperture ring. There is a little cut-out on the hood so as to see the dot and make the aperture selection easy.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooooh! thats exciting Ed.. neither of my I-50 hoods have that! Great little lens too, very, very sharp and excellent for freaking out the AF crowd Cool Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 50-2 in M42 on the way, and two RF I-50s already in hand. I really like the looks of the megaphone hood.
(I made a tiny hoods for my RF I-50s with an Ilford film can; a Kodak film can lid fits it perfeclty, so I have a lid/hood combo.)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
oooooooooh! thats exciting Ed.. neither of my I-50 hoods have that! Great little lens too, very, very sharp and excellent for freaking out the AF crowd Cool Cool

Smile Nor mine, and they have the official KMZ logo. Sounds like a better idea, but I've made the mark now.

Graham, do you have both sizes? I ordered one of each from Alex, for the I50 and the I50-2, but they're both the bigger size. I made a smaller one from a chocolate mousse pot! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously in da hood.

Just received mine today (without the awesome hood ofc). Gonna try it out soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter- if you mean me I'm Richard not Graham!! but anyway.... AFAIK the bigger hood I have came from Alex in the Ukraine and its 37.5 mm I think for the larger sized Industar 50-2 with a 35.5mm filter ring. The smaller hood I have is the same shape but I think (but I would need to check) that its 35mm to cover the 33mm filter ring on the earlier Industar 50 that I got wih a Zenit C. Beware however because there are some m42 Industar 50-2 that also have the smaller ring so its not a hard and fast rule, you have to measure it to be sure Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Anyone in Finland for a group-order?
It's ridiculous to pay $9 post for $1,75 item.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its very expensive to get 1 alone. I think I ordered mine with a lens or some other gear and Alex combined the postage which made it a lot more reasonable-btw he also sells similar shaped hoods for Jupiter 9 too Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Peter- if you mean me I'm Richard not Graham!!

Embarassed sorry!

I have the M39 silver I-50 with a small aperture ring and the M42 black I-50-2 with the larger size. Both the hoods that Alex sent fit the larger size, even though his listing says both versions. It wasn't worth querying.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. no prob Peter!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
lol. no prob Peter!! Very Happy

It's the age you know. Just wait till you're a grumpy old git like me! Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
peterqd wrote:
natebarnz wrote:

Actually Peter, the hood doesn't cover the dot on the aperture ring. There is a little cut-out on the hood so as to see the dot and make the aperture selection easy.

On closer inspection, the cut-out seems to have been made by the previous owner.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
I have a 50-2 in M42 on the way, and two RF I-50s already in hand. I really like the looks of the megaphone hood.
(I made a tiny hoods for my RF I-50s with an Ilford film can; a Kodak film can lid fits it perfeclty, so I have a lid/hood combo.)

For anyone in the UK or with access to this delicious chocolate product, here's a link to a great DIY solution for a hood to fit the 50-2:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/53819-industar-50-2-a.html

Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM wrote:
fish4570 wrote:

For anyone in the UK or with access to this delicious chocolate product, here's a link to a great DIY solution for a hood to fit the 50-2:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/53819-industar-50-2-a.html

Cool

That's exactly how I did mine, same black Gu pot, everything. (Shh... I think he might have seen my write-up last year). It was a "Gu" Belgian chocolate mousse from M&S if I remember, but I know Co-op sells them too. I'm taking bulk orders if anyone wants one - send me the cash, I'll buy them and send one on to you, postage free. Don't worry, I'll get rid of the chocolate! Smile

Here's the pic of the genuine hood and the choc pot I posted back in February

Last edited by peterqd on Fri May 14, 2010 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total