Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Record III with 105mm f/4.5 Solinar in Synchro-Compur
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Agfa Record III with 105mm f/4.5 Solinar in Synchro-Compur Reply with quote

Agfa's top folder from 1950 (dated by the Synchro-Compur's serial number). Very nice 4-element 105mm f/4.5 Solinar. Uncoupled rangefinder (which is still spot on). Some discoloration of the knobs on the top plate (perfectly normal for Agfa folders).

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty ! Looks brand new!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it still works well, the whole camera is light tight. I'm happy!

(Cropped a bit off from the left, shot on Velvia 100F)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another beautiful folder! I'm very partial about Agfas, and this one looks like the big sister of my Super Solinette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the Agfas, at least the more expensive ones, are well designed and very sleek. Too bad some of the finish is substandard (like the electroplating on the brass knobs, which is so thin that it's better not to clean them at all).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ! I am happy to you!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila! Very Happy

One question: I feel very unhappy with the Epson V500. I just don't get that sharpness from it, when using the film masks everything is very soft. I now put the films directly on the glass and it is better, but I have never seen film grain. Have you? If so then I have a dud and I will get another one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

One question: I feel very unhappy with the Epson V500. I just don't get that sharpness from it, when using the film masks everything is very soft. I now put the films directly on the glass and it is better, but I have never seen film grain. Have you? If so then I have a dud and I will get another one.

I saw grain on slide only in high resolution pictures, on negative I see grain everywhere. I think problem is film flatness, need to use ANR glass as Orio already presented here. I found a cheaper source on Ebay to get ANR glass around 25 USD. Another source what I know betterscanning.com they sell not only a piece of glass , they offer complete holder with ANR glass , but quite costly around 100 USD. Perhaps Larry now some trick , he made always high quality scan and Bill too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

I saw grain on slide only in high resolution pictures, on negative I see grain everywhere. I think problem is film flatness, need to use ANR glass as Orio already presented here. I found a cheaper source on Ebay to get ANR glass around 25 USD. Another source what I know betterscanning.com they sell not only a piece of glass , they offer complete holder with ANR glass , but quite costly around 100 USD. Perhaps Larry now some trick , he made always high quality scan and Bill too.

Thanks Attila, I will look further into it. What I have shown you here is just a faint resemblance of what I see on my lightbox (with a loupe). The difference is really night and day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe it. I also think about how can I improve my scanning ability from lowest budget as possible.