Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street scenes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Street scenes Reply with quote

Here are few more pictures from India.

First three street-scenes taken with the Elmarit 90mm @ f 4

Cows peacefully resting in a street in Jaisalmer, colours golden by the afternoon-sun. ISO 200

A woman watching the cows (same as above)

A camel-cart in Bharatpur. ISO 800 (don't ask me why)

Two with the Summicron 50mm.
Evening shopping in Jaisalmer @ f 2 ISO 1250

A beautiful cow standing in the middle of a street in Jodhpur.
@ f 4 ISO 320

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...is great to have FF camera right at the moment. Just like you. Captured great scenes which easily charming watchers like me Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent set !!

great Thomas!

tf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, impressive elmarit!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous, marvelous separation in #2 3 and the last cow face. Love em!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 3 is my fave. Great series. Perfect.
Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cows are every where ! Great I did pick up first and last.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your friendly comments.

If I think back of my four weeks in India with 5 MF-lenses, I must say, there were only one or two occasions, when I regretted not having autofocus. But 5 Leica-lenses, "full-metal jacket", are pretty heavy to carry around, and I wonder, what I'll take along in August, when, after having reached my pension-age, I'll go to India and Bangladesh for four months. Two AF-Zooms, which I can also use manually? Plus maybe the Noct for taking pictures at night?

I love cows as much as Attila apparently does, and I could take pictures of them all day. In the great Fort of Jaisalmer they are everwhere, and when you meet them on one of the narrow cobblestone-walkways parallel to the outward ramparts, there is no way to get past them. You just have to go back and wait until they have moved.

So for cow-lovers I put up another picture, which, although you really can't see very clearly, shows a 600 pound-cow slowly hoofing up stairs. A really spectacular sight!

Thomas

Upward mobility. Elmarit 90mm @ f 4:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again fascinated! In these shot I realise power of photography in meaning freeze scene. Looks edited colours... but otherwise great effect of atmosphere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment, spleeone.
The picture was taken against the sunlight and almost black and white. I fiddled with shadows/highlights in PS4 in order to get at least a little detail.

Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beautiful ashlar stonework caught my eye, the labour involved in dressing each stone on 5 faces is enormous. It was used by Ancient Greeks and Romans, I'm amazed to see it here. It must be a very important building.

PS - I like cows too! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series is simply perfect. It has so much of the flavour of the place that I seem I can even smell it.