Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Duaflex II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Kodak Duaflex II Reply with quote

A nice vintage consumer snapshot camera, uses 620 film unfortunately. I bought the Duaflex for the TTV (Through The Viewfinder) shooting, but I want to have used each of my cameras the way it was intended, with film, at least once.

Therefore I snipped the lips off the spool of a roll of 120 Ilford Delta 100, to make the spool a bit more 620 like. It was still a tight fit, winding the film got progressively harder (and I got a blister on the side of one finger), till I took my felt-covered pliers to it. The scratches may be from the camera, or from the squeegee I foolishly used.

THe Duaflex is one of those focus free / shutter speed free / aperture setting free "TLR"s that I consider to be mutations of box cameras - the peephole viewfinder morphs larger, the frame becomes square and eliminates the second vf, and the whole thing starts to look more like a TLR than a box. I have a Spartus Six-Twenty I still need to run 1 film through, and a 127 size Kodak Starflex.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the results! Very eerie, found-film like Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first 3, especially #3 with the reflection. Jussi wouldn't develop a
found roll and palm it off as his own, would he? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat pics!

Is that a minsicus lens on the Duaflex? Or, does Duaflex mean it's a
2-element lens?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to camerapedia, the kodet is a single element meniscus. Like I said, this is actually a morphed box camera. I would think Duaflex refers to the pseudo TLR look, two lens reflex....

I do like the results, but hate Kodak for 620 film. All in all, I'd rather use the real box cameras that take proper 120 film and make 6x9 photos.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the look, too. i need to take a roll of 120 back to the store and get a roll of 620 for my brownie ...