Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 18mm advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Distagon 18mm advice Reply with quote

Guys, I'm after a little advice!

I have found a Carl Zeiss Distagon 18/4 in C/Y mount for £375.00, which to me sounds like a very good price, could someone please confirm? It is from a dealer and is currently being serviced. Now I really like the photos I've seen the model produce on this website. so I'm not too worried about performance.

What about compatibility though? I understand the model is unlikely to work with an unshaved Canon EOS 5D or 5D MKII. Should I presume that it WILL work if I bought a 5D and shaved the mirror a touch? Has anyone tried it with a 1d Mk II with the 1.3x crop factor? The reason I ask is that I am only buying lenses now which will perform on a 5D (I may trade up at some point this year, if not the 1D Mk II), and if it is likely to cause a problem, I may buy a 25mm Distagon instead.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price is good
It will not clear mirror on an unshaved 5D.