Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi-Kogaku Tele-Takumar 3.5/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Asahi-Kogaku Tele-Takumar 3.5/135 Reply with quote

Well, the correct M37-M42 adapter arrived from The Netherlands [many thanks Peter Wink], and I got to try it out on the lens at last.

Nothing technical to report - am just really pleased with the out of camera results from this 50+ year old lens Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 2nd one, great tone and "Guinness is good to you". Laughing
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Nice output from the older 3.5/135 Takumar 5-element 4-groups lens formula.

Chinese Guinness?!

Last edited by visualopsins on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
Wow! Nice output from the older 3.5/135 Takumar 5-element 4-groups lens formula.

Chinese Guiness?!

Brewed in Dublin, Ireland - bottled in Liverpool, England - consumed in Wherever, China Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siriusdogstar wrote, "Wow! Nice output from the older 3.5/135 Takumar 5-element 4-groups lens formula..."

The same formula was used in the earliest automatic Super-Takumar lenses of this type. I believe these showed a "4" on the aperture ring but the later design did not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramiller500 wrote:

The same formula was used in the earliest automatic Super-Takumar lenses of this type. I believe these showed a "4" on the aperture ring but the later design did not.

Gerjan van Oosten states in his Ultimate guide that the later samples do not have the f/4 marking, but still do have the 5/4 optical layout

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice rendition!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
ramiller500 wrote:

Gerjan van Oosten states in his Ultimate guide that the later samples do not have the f/4 marking, but still do have the 5/4 optical layout

Some lens models went through gradual transitions, where certain changes of features were implemented before others. Possibly this was related to the remaining inventory of older parts. On the whole, I believe my statement was correct except for some transitional lenses.