Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edixar 135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Edixar 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Is anybody know who made it ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was Enna who made the Edixars.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks rather Japanese, I think. German-style lettering, but very Japanese styling.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a beauty!
the color of the barrel is very uncommon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that is not Enna.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As a quick-and-dirty check for the origin country, you could look at the screws: i have read somewhere (sorry cannot remember where) that old German lenses were using slotted screws, while Japanese ones were using JIS (Phillips-like) screws ...

-> Need confirmation from someone more experienced than me ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really intriguing - I think you get slotted screws on earlier Japanese lenses ... that 'bronze' colour is unusual but I think I've seen parts of Japanese 135 and 200 T2 lenses with the same colour in the past - the part of the body to the rear of the aperture open-close ring. Wish I could find some intensifier for my memory Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Edixar was just the house brand for the German built Edixa.Built by Wirgin.
http://www.ukcamera.com/classic_cameras/wirgin2.htm