Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

* siracusa* CONTAX C/Y Zeiss 50MM 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: * siracusa* CONTAX C/Y Zeiss 50MM 1.4 Reply with quote

vendo contax zeiss 50 1.4, perfetto sotto tutti i punti di vista, io lo uso su canon 5d e su 20 d .
chi e interessato e venduto alla somma di 250 euro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have a better chance of selling if you:

- use English (although even with my extremely limited knowledge of Italian I can understand what you're saying)
- add a picture of the lens
- mention whether it is a AE or MM version

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrico, per favore / please :

1) Write English only on this forum.

2) You are new and we don't know you. Please write your location in your Profile, and please give us your Ebay ID if you use Ebay.

thanks

Orio
(Administrator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: * siracusa* CONTAX C/Y Zeiss 50MM 1.4 Reply with quote

i, m italian, this item not in ebay
we can pay whith paypal
here there are a photo of the item

if we want other information ask me
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: info Reply with quote

MM VERSION

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi enrico
silly question, how do we know it is an MM version? i have one but do not know how to tell which version i have.
tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: info Reply with quote

NUMBER 16 IN APERTURE IS GREEN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
hi enrico
silly question, how do we know it is an MM version? i have one but do not know how to tell which version i have.
tony

The mount is half silver ...easy indication ..

Also the serial number.. and the green 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both. and the difference is the MM is multicoated?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thank you both. and the difference is the MM is multicoated?

Both AE and MM are multicoated , don't worry ....

(about that I have to point out that my planar 1.7/50 MMJ that has a serial number of 88XXXXX (must be build around 2003~2004) has a reddish multicoating tottaly different that all my other C/Y lenses AE+MM ... so they where experimenting with different coating materials)

Last edited by Keysersoze27 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what does mm mean vs ae? and why to people seem to care?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
so what does mm mean vs ae? and why to people seem to care?

The MM lenses are later and can be used in Program and Shutter priority mode on the later C/Y cameras. If you use then with a adapter nothing changes and it's nothing to care about...
Some of them Wink had impoved optical design when they changed from AE to MM (better corner performance but also lost some "3D" effect,it's still debatable) but in general they had the same optical performance...

Last edited by Keysersoze27 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks--so much to learn; so little time... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50/1.4 is one of the designs that was altered with the introduction of the MM version. Also Zeiss doesn't accept any AE versions of Contax lenses for service, only MM versions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
The 50/1.4 is one of the designs that was altered with the introduction of the MM version.

This sounds unheard to me. What's the source?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
dickb wrote:
The 50/1.4 is one of the designs that was altered with the introduction of the MM version.

This is also new to me and I confess I have serious doubts about it. Myths are easy to spread on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only _sure_ lenses (confirmed by Zeiss) to have been improved from AE to MM are the Distagon 25, Distagon 28/2.8, and Sonnar 135.

Then there is internet talk about other lenses (Distagon 35/1.4, Planar 85/1.4) but nothing that goes past the rumours stage, so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlizard wrote:
Orio wrote:
dickb wrote:

This is also new to me and I confess I have serious doubts about it. Myths are easy to spread on the internet.

Sorry to add to myth and misinformation, I worded my response in a somewhat unfortunate way. I have no information on whether the optical design, i.e. lens elements were changed in any way. The design of the 50mm was altered in that the shape of the aperture is different in earlier specimens ("ninja star") and later ones (more standard rounded opening). My AE examples were all ninja stars and my MM is not. I assumed that this change was made with the change to MM, however, I now read about AE examples without ninja stars.

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, if you don't like the ninja star effect, get an MM 50/1.4.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ninja star information is correct. All AE lenses have this blades shape.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The only _sure_ lenses (confirmed by Zeiss) to have been improved from AE to MM are the Distagon 25, Distagon 28/2.8, and Sonnar 135.

Then there is internet talk about other lenses (Distagon 35/1.4, Planar 85/1.4) but nothing that goes past the rumours stage, so far.

+1

I have never read or heard rumours about a 1.4/50 or even a 1.7/50 optical design change from AE--->MM .
But as I stated before I see a difference in coating colour in the very late MM in relation of the early MM and AE (At least in my 1.7/50 case...might be the same in all late MM lenses)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: info Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad 180 EUROS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM = Multi Mode

some some features more over the AE (Automatic Exposure -- I guess Smile lol

AE = Aperture Priority.

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: info Reply with quote

Interested.
Have you sold this lens?
Merci
soleto enrico wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: info Reply with quote

soleto enrico wrote:

have you sold it yet? i'm very interested in buying this.