Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carnevale 2010 - day 1, part 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Carnevale 2010 - day 1, part 1 Reply with quote

Timely every year as the death and the taxes, Laughing here's my Carnevale series.
Day 1, part 1 now - part 2 tomorrow or as soon as I have the time...

All the photos here are taken with the Contax Vario-Sonnar 100-300 on the 5D Mark II:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippiieeehhh! Orio's carneval time again!
Although I am not a fan of the German "Fasching", I really like your shots.
Wonderful series. Thank for sharing!

But what a crappy lens! Look at these CAs:

. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Only kidding! Great results!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

But what a crappy lens! Look at these CAs:

. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Omigosh! I need to sell it ASAP ! Get a Sigma instead! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb carnavale! weather was quite good (no rain)
nice to see the 100-300 in action
I expected long on the 50D and wide on the 5DII but 300mm is for sure long enough on full frame
#1 is the funniest but all are great, people are happy and carnavale spirit is nicely captured

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
superb carnavale!

thanks Smile

Quote:
weather was quite good (no rain)

yep no rain. But a LOT of fog!
which took the sunlight away - but helped for the mood in some pictures (not these shown here)

Quote:
nice to see the 100-300 in action
I expected long on the 50D and wide on the 5DII but 300mm is for sure long enough on full frame

yeah, I wanted to experiment and took with me the old 5D instead of the 50D. I regretted the choice, a crop camera is always a better choice for these events. Next sunday I'll take with me the 50D with the 80-200.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
A lot of great shots!
beautiful color&contrast
Cograts Orio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, carneval time,
great to have Orio showing us the joyful events taken with expertise and great lenses too Smile
nice series!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masterful!... colours are so nice, contrast are amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! Orio's Carnevale is here Very Happy

I would like to see the second one cropped square to place the blue eyed girl in the top rh corner more. She has a great expression. Both of these girls do. Nicely seen Cool
My 2 fav's today

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

I would like to see the second one cropped square to place the blue eyed girl in the top rh corner more. She has a great expression.

you mean like this?

I actually considered it, but I think that the original framing makes you feel that she is small, which is an "accent" to the picture that I liked Smile

Thanks for the kind words Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that lens on that camera, with that photographer and that event! wow-pictures just pop with life and color.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great color, contrast and sharpness! WOW.
i am with you carsten in being not a fan of "fasching".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

Your parade/event series are always so good - well observed and een better technicals. Tour de force again

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Orio
Your parade/event series are always so good - well observed and een better technicals. Tour de force again
patrickh

Thanks Patrick.
Yes, tour de force, but also a lot of fun. There are so many things happening, often it feels like you just have to turn and there is a new photo opportunity waiting!
The best part is, it is not a show with spectators. There is interaction between the people in parade and the audience. They are both players. And at the same level - there is no one main actor. It is really a communitarian show. Very democratic show. And all ages are involved, from little children to men and women of 80. There is no social stair, the costumes and the jokes are a big equalizer.
It's fantastic, it feels fantastic, I don't know of any other show or event that involves everyone, the young and the old, the rich and the poor, the student and the ignorant, the lawyer and the farmer, the actor and the spectator, on such equalitarian level.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well -- this is the best opportunity for Contax lenses to let them show their strength Smile

and GREAT MOMENTS..

tf