Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Optical Co A Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Asahi Optical Co., - A Collection Reply with quote

I promised Andreas before he headed off on his travels that I'd start to photograph my collection of cameras, lenses and accessories and post them here.

There is quite a bit to be shot, and it will take time, but for now I give you my 'Black Beauties' Smile

SV with Auto-Takumar 1.8/55 in Zebra finish, and Honeywell SL with Auto-Takumar 1.8/55

Spotmatic SP with Super-Takumar 1.8/55, and Honeywell Spotmatic SPII with Super-Takumar 1.8/55

Electro Spotmatic with Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1.8/55, and Spotmatic ES with SMC Takumar 1.8/55

And a very sweet sounding sextet they make when put together!

Last edited by Mal1905 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malachy, you must be a lucky man! Unfortunately I lost my collection interest a few years ago so I sold off many of my precious black cameras... Crying or Very sad

But at least I now can watch this topic! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black beauties, indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following on from the 'Black Beauties', here are some macro lenses and bellows units.

Macro-Takumar 4/50 on Asahi Bellows Unit

Super-Macro-Takumar 4/50 on Asahi Bellows Unit

Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar

Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 4/100 on Bellows Unit II

Bellows-Takumar 4/100 on Auto-Bellows Unit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the Japanese version of my Russian disease Malachy, some ace gear there, the only one I have is the 100/4 smc and I love it. Very Happy Show us more... Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing collection Malachy. I am awaiting the delivery of my first Spotmatic F Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Spotmatic - I bought my first black Asahi last April (The SPII) at a camera fair in Germany, and the others just kind happened Embarassed

This was the first time they've all been together in the same room. Their silver brethren aren't too pleased, but I've told them to behave!!!

There's also a battered black H3 that was a bit camera-shy...

@Poolhall - Have no fear, my disease knows no borders and is truly International - when I'm done with the Asahi gear, I might start on the Russian/Soviet kit Wink

@Shiladitya - Send me that Spotmatic F when it arrives. It will only lead to harder stuff, so probably best not to get addicted in the first place Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black is black ! Your pics can be recognised between 1000 : they are very contrasty Razz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that stuff like work can get in the way of taking photographs - hence the delay with updates Evil or Very Mad

Some accessories from the collection now - all shots taken with S-M-C Macro-Takumar 4/100; f/8, 1/160, 200 ISO on 40D:

Honeywell Pentax Tie-Clip in 1960s narrow stylee - 40mm width for those cool ties

Honeywell/Asahi Pentax Pendant celebrating the centenary of the United States

Asahi Pentax ME / SMC-M 1.4/50 Belt Buckle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of black beauties Mal. Do you want to add a Mint Pentax K to your collection?

http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-k-t12363.html

It's coming for sale. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Nice set of black beauties Mal. Do you want to add a Mint Pentax K to your collection?

Four months ago, I would have bitten your hand off at the prospect of being offered a 'K'.

Whilst not nearly as minty as yours, I couldn't afford a second copy, but sincere thanks for your offer Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, some of the earlier models in the collection - there's something seriously opulent-looking about the silver and black finish on these earlier Takumars, and the Zebra 1.8/55 is close to being one of my favourite-looking lenses Smile

All shots taken with SMC Takumar 1.4/50; f/5.6, 1/160, 200 ISO on 40D:

Auto-Takumar 1.8/55 in Zebra clothing

Auto-Takumar 2.3/35 - this is a lens that I find visually stunning Embarassed

Auto-Takumar 2.2/55 Preset

Auto-Takumar 2.8/105

Takumar 2.8/105 Preset

Takumar 3.5/135 Preset

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My final addition for this evening - lens caps. Perhaps I've truly gone mad now... Shocked Embarassed Shocked

All shots taken with SMC Takumar 1.4/50; f/5.6, 1/160, 200 ISO on 40D:

From largest (S-M-C Takumar 4/300) to smallest (Auto-Takumar 3.5/35)

From black to silver, with varied lettering and wording...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this show up in the thread?