Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica III MXL RF - Fuji Sensia 200 - Epson V500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Konica III MXL RF - Fuji Sensia 200 - Epson V500 Reply with quote

I made a really bad series with Pentax MX on this batch of slide so I did put into my test roll bag (first roll to discover new camera weaknesses)

I did expect a lot from this camera and I wasn't disappointed Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series! and the snow is white, I have seen lately lot of blue snow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great series! and the snow is white, I have seen lately lot of blue snow

digital.. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little cam seems to do its job very well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for Spring and try it out with Velvia or Provia.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Sensimilla 200 is OK, but Provia would be much better. That's
quite a large focusing lever on the camera, looks like the kickstart to a
motorcycle. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Yeah, the Sensimilla 200 is OK, but Provia would be much better. That's
quite a large focusing lever on the camera, looks like the kickstart to a
motorcycle. Laughing

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beautiful camera and gives great results.
Would love to see some Portraits with that lens at f4 to compare with my more modern hex s2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of the cameras I really want to add to my stable, a pity few of them show up on ebay. The first pictures look a bit soft, maybe due to scanning? The later ones are great, and the view of the river from above is stunning, you should sell it to print tourist postcards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
It's one of the cameras I really want to add to my stable, a pity few of them show up on ebay. The first pictures look a bit soft, maybe due to scanning? The later ones are great, and the view of the river from above is stunning, you should sell it to print tourist postcards.

Don't know for sure , either scanning or miss focusing. Rare bird indeed if I see any I will let you know in pm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludoo
They show up on US ebay sometimes. If you find one I can help with relay. Most are not working. A CLA is likely needed with these when you find one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
It's a beautiful camera and gives great results.
Would love to see some Portraits with that lens at f4 to compare with my more modern hex s2.

If I remember at Spring I will do some for you, I expect better quality from yours, but with minimal difference.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Don't know for sure , either scanning or miss focusing. Rare bird indeed if I see any I will let you know in pm.

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Ludoo
They show up on US ebay sometimes. If you find one I can help with relay. Most are not working. A CLA is likely needed with these when you find one.

Thanks to you both!

Attila, just one question: I suppose yours is the III model with framelines and a 1:1 viewfinder? If so, is it clear and can you shoot with both eyes open? I absolutely love 1:1 rangefinders but there's few of them (the Vitomatics and Nikon S2 that I know of, and without an rf the later Vito B).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Attila wrote:

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Ludoo

Thanks to you both!

Attila, just one question: I suppose yours is the III model with framelines and a 1:1 viewfinder? If so, is it clear and can you shoot with both eyes open? I absolutely love 1:1 rangefinders but there's few of them (the Vitomatics and Nikon S2 that I know of, and without an rf the later Vito B).

I think mine has smaller RF 1:1 comes with Konica IIIa if I know well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Ooops, I did not think of checking the pic of the camera at the top of this thread. Of course yours has the smaller viewfinder, it's the model without the third window. A nice article on these cameras here, so now everybody will start looking for one and they will get even rarer. Smile

PS: there's something about Konica... I just bought a second TC as mine has a defective meter, so that I can use my AR lenses (and also because the new one comes with the sharpness monster, the 40mm 1.8 ). And I'm already thinking about the next Konica to get when I have some funds...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Attila wrote:

Ooops, I did not think of checking the pic of the camera at the top of this thread. Of course yours has the smaller viewfinder, it's the model without the third window. A nice article on these cameras here, so now everybody will start looking for one and they will get even rarer. Smile

PS: there's something about Konica... I just bought a second TC as mine has a defective meter, so that I can use my AR lenses (and also because the new one comes with the sharpness monster, the 40mm 1.8 ). And I'm already thinking about the next Konica to get when I have some funds...

I think this is not very important , same thing than Canonete QL17 and QL17 III or Bessa Color Heliar and Heliar. Price level is more than double benefits is not much. My Canonete without III is produce same superb pictures than version III. Nice to have 1:1 finder but if price is more than double and really hard to get it , no thanks I am happy with this one.