Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bibble going on with big steps ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Bibble going on with big steps ... Reply with quote

... a few new interim releases, latest PV3.3 ... are we maybe in for a RC as Christmas present?
I encourage you to try PV 3.3! Color rendition is vastly improved.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get it to work. It seems as though a few of us are having launch problems. Looks as though 3.3 came out too quickly.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ... working splendidly on both my machines ... Snow Leopard & Windows 7 (64 Bit) ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They fixed my problem - it was apparently related to the cache and the fix was childishly simple (as is often the case). First looks suggest it is really starting to happen. I do miss Sean Puckett's plugins though.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bibble going on with big steps ... Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
... a few new interim releases, latest PV3.3 ... are we maybe in for a RC as Christmas present?
I encourage you to try PV 3.3! Color rendition is vastly improved.

Thank's for sharing the info.

This time it actually works on my machine. And it is easily fast enough on the very slow Sempron 3100+ processor. Haven't checked the IQ yet. Too bad the user interface is hideous.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UI is mainly a matter of habit. I personally cannot believe anyone would willingly inflict the UI of Windows on themselves! But people can get used to almost anything. Bibble's UI is somewhat cumbersome, agreed, but no more so than most of the raw processors (and I have used a few). Its huge advantage is speed, but the IQ of results are at least on a par with some of the best in less than half the time.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting nearer!.

Bibble released a "Pre-Release" version of B5 today ... I guess you could call that "RC", too!

Win: http://edge.bibblelabs.com/bibble5_install.exe
OSX: http://edge.bibblelabs.com/Bibble%205%20Pro.dmg
Fedora/OpenSuse: http://edge.bibblelabs.com/bibble5pro-5.0-0.i386.rpm
Ubuntu/Debian 32 Bit: http://edge.bibblelabs.com/bibble5pro-5.0.0_i386.deb
Ubuntu/Debian 64 Bit: http://edge.bibblelabs.com/bibble5pro-5.0.0_amd64.deb

"This is not another Preview Version, and as such your current Preview Licenses will not work. However, you'll get a 14-day trial, starting at first-run of these versions, and the final 5.0 version will be released before that time is up. At that point, you'll be able to get your full Bibble 5 license much as you got your Preview Version licenses."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
UI is mainly a matter of habit. I personally cannot believe anyone would willingly inflict the UI of Windows on themselves! But people can get used to almost anything. Bibble's UI is somewhat cumbersome, agreed, but no more so than most of the raw processors (and I have used a few). Its huge advantage is speed, but the IQ of results are at least on a par with some of the best in less than half the time.

I certainly agree about Windows, but that's a fading legacy system anyhow. Bibble, on the other hand, has never been among the most popular raw converters, and I doubt it ever will be unless the UI is improved. Out of the ones I've tried, Bibble has been the worst, and actually I never even bothered to test the image quality because I simply couldn't justify struggling with the UI. Any speed advantage it may have in terms of computer time is lost in terms of user time trying to operate the damn thing…

(My favourite UI is Capture One 3.x, but unfortunately I need to find some replacement for it now that they've destroyed the interface in new versions.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@arkku
"fading legacy system"? Bill will be interested to hear that.

Cobalt60
Thanks - am downloading now

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it out yesterday evening. Despite the fact that at the bibble site the says that Only Macs wit G5 PPC or Intel processor can use it, it tourned out that even an old G4 Quicksilver with 733 mHz can run the app without problems.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a lot missing from B5 and Sean Puckett may have stopped doing his plugin magic. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
My magic code did not work either (although I can use it as a trial version).

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So today we have the "official" RC ... let's hope Sean will pick it up after the final release (next week? tomorrow?).
Lots of people will still complain Perfectly Clear is no longer in there - I myself never used it ...

Merry Christmas to all of you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Bibble 5.0 is out. Reply with quote

Just got the official license key for Eu 0,00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the final serial number for 5 Pro (for free as a previous buyer of version 4)
Am I understanding correctly that this 5 Pro serial number will not work with the currently available for download installer version?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bibble 5.0 is out. Reply with quote

Rense wrote:
Just got the official license key for Eu 0,00

Rense, is that like 3USD? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience as Rense. Go onto the site using the link in the other thread. Then log in to your original account and you get a valid license - the billing process you go through just keeps showing $0.
This is definitely an upgrade from B4 - the colour engine is much more accurate, the highlight recovery works very well, in smaller increments than before, the fill-in works smoothly as well. Noise Nija remains superb.
And to cap it all Sean Puckett looks as though he will be redoing his plugins. Cool Cool

patrickh