Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Primotar 135mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Meyer Primotar 135mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I bought this lense because it had 10 blades. It was cheap, mainly because its outside was very bad.

When I received the lens I went crazy, the optics were just like new Smile Clean blades, everything working.

But when I tried in my EOS 50D, I can't get a focus in less than 5m when the lens says I can focus down to 1.2m. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you can turn the focus ring to "1.2m"?
Seems to be an adapter problem then.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the infinity adjustment is off. Does it focus past infinity?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can turn the focus ring to 1.2m. If it is an adapter problem, it is just a problem with this lens Sad

"The infinity adjustment is off" - How come?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Meyer Primotar 135mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

ShadowEOS wrote:
Hello guys,

I bought this lense because it had 10 blades. It was cheap, mainly because its outside was very bad.

When I received the lens I went crazy, the optics were just like new Smile Clean blades, everything working.

But when I tried in my EOS 50D, I can't get a focus in less than 5m when the lens says I can focus down to 1.2m. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

To mount the primotar? M42?
If so, working with a focal plane distance of 45.5 mm and the 50D with 44mm adapter so it must be 1.5 mm / 1.3 mm thick.
This type of problem occurs if the lens is less than the distance of focal plane, or spotmatic is correct.

PD; exakta mount works 44,7mm
praktina to 50mm.
Good Luck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Meyer Primotar 3,5/135mm has 16 blades diaphragm and mini focusing distance is 1,6m . Another version ? (There is one "alu" finish , and two "black", and the three have the same mini focusing distance , 1,60m).
However , check the correct "screwing" of the "head" of this lens (It can easily be separed in two parts, the focusing rear part , and the "head") , and eventually if an element is missing....
Could you show us some pics of this "strange" Primotar ? Many thanks . Smile
P.S. : here is an useful link :

http://home.arcor.de/cpqrst3/lenses.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
My Meyer Primotar 3,5/135mm has 16 blades diaphragm and mini focusing distance is 1,6m .

Since his lens has closer min. focusing distance and less blades, so i will assume that is a later version?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos of this lady!

Sorry I forgot to photograph the blades! Thanks for giving me help.

PS: this was also a test to my new takumar f/1.4 Very Happy

She has a big hole trough the behing! I can stick a big pen inside the lens. Is there any optical element missing?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures ! They show us clearly the mini focus distance of 1,60 m ! Your copy is the second version (black) , mine is the zebra. To check the consistency of the optical "block" , you can unscrew the head of the lens .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry it is 1.6 and not 1.2 Sad Yet, it is not 5m!