Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cat family - different films
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Cat family - different films Reply with quote

Finally, nearly all shots have been done, my aunts christmas wish is a calendar with cat portraits. Wink

Gato, Ilford Delta 100, Rollei RHS 1+7 4', Planar 2/100

Tweek, Ilford Delta 100, Rollei RHS 1+7 4', Planar 2/100

Balou, Rollei Ortho25, Rollei RH 1+7 5'10", Makro-Planar 2.8/100

Sanshy, Rollei Ortho25, Rollei RH 1+7 5'10", Makro-Planar 2.8/100

Snowy, Ilford Delta 100, Rollei RHS 1+7 4', Planar 2/100

Gerry, Rollei Ortho25, Rollei RH 1+7 5', Distagon 2.8/21

Last edited by Carlsson on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All cats are beautiful but Gato is my star Very Happy

How is the white kittie doing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive! cats are great subjects for b&w
post all 12 calendar pics when ready
all superb, my favs #2#3#5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio & Poilu,
Snowy is doing very well, his fur on his ears is growing as my wife treats him with sunblocker everyday, he hates it but she is always doing it before serving breakfast. Wink
But it's still dangerous for him (the cancer can grow on the nose and eyes) Crying or Very sad

Gatos portrait shows his grand seigneur attitude, which makes it perfect (in my opinion)
My favourite is #2, it looks like from another world, as trifox promised one year ago, contax cam + contax lens = heaven (thanks my friend!) Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried zinc (Thick, white sunblock in oz,cricketers use it)I put it on my cats ears nose....worked well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portaits ! cats in b&w are a very good subject. 5th is my fav despite i like them all. When you see so many "dull" cats portraits on calendars, while its so easy to switch to b&w and have another point of view. well .. meh ^.^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like, great cats portais, as hexi says cats in b&w fits very well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful cats ! I wish to see them in color look their beautiful eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks friends!
Of course I will post the finished calendarium.
Thank you Mo-Fo, that's an interesting idea, do you have a name from the manufacturer? I really would like to try it.

Exactly Hexi, I wanted to create a human-like pose, look, not only the "how cute" portrait. And I'm nearly happy with it,
#1, Gato the grand seigneur, #2 Tweek, the hunter and craziest cat.
#3 Balou, he's the womanizer, #4 Sanshy, shes a diva. #5, Snowy, our little joker, always playing tricks, biting other peoples feet and bottom Smile. And #5, Gerry, most of the time he's dreaming.

Yes Attila, there will be some color shots soon, their eyes are beautiful Smile.
And my negative slide restauration tutorial is also not forgotten, I'll try to combine them ... but the time... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balou is such a poser. I like the Sanshy pic best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I visit there, hopefully next summer if I am lucky, I hope I meet your cats Smile Especially Gato Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Ortho25 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I tried to find a brand name for you for the Zinc cream and the only brand the chemist had was a Zinke "sun and sea" made in Australia.It is like a white thick paste which reflects the sun better than normal sunscreen.Zinc Oxide or something to that effect.
Living in a small country town has it's drawbacks when shopping for anything let alone camera film etc.I found out today I can not get ASA100 film Confused have to wait to go to the big town.sorry for my little whinge Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portraits, in all their feline beauty.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Hi
I tried to find a brand name for you for the Zinc cream and the only brand the chemist had was a Zinke "sun and sea" made in Australia.It is like a white thick paste which reflects the sun better than normal sunscreen.Zinc Oxide or something to that effect.
Living in a small country town has it's drawbacks when shopping for anything let alone camera film etc.I found out today I can not get ASA100 film Confused have to wait to go to the big town.sorry for my little whinge Wink

Thank you very much, I could not find this one here, but there a different zinc ointments, I will ask my local pharmacy and perhaps the marine stores.
No ASA 100? Same here, only 100 upwards and perhaps older than the store Wink

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I love the Ortho25 Smile

I love it too, only three rolls left in the fridge. Fortunately, I don't have time to "waste" them. Wink

Orio wrote:
When I visit there, hopefully next summer if I am lucky, I hope I meet your cats Smile Especially Gato Smile

Hopefully Smile I've already talked to Gato, and now he can't wait to meet his biggest fan!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
impressive! cats are great subjects for b&w
post all 12 calendar pics when ready
all superb, my favs #2#3#5

As promised, the finished calendar, just in time before christmas Smile
Done in Freehand and Acrobat Writer.
http://www.algarve-photo.com/contax/wp-content/upload/Kalendarium_Katze4.pdf (2MB pdf-file)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came out great!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! congrats, great artwork!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it !!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile
I hope the print will turn out nice.