Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Churchyard Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Churchyard Shots Reply with quote

HP5 rated at 200iso, Rodinal 1:50 10 mins. Camera was Spotmatic SPii with various lenses.

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, you did well --- I've discovered that graveyards in b&w are a difficult thing to pull off, as there isn't much contrast between stone and surrounding. And at least for me proper exposure for the stone throws off everything else.

I like #4 as the stone texture shows very well indeed. And the swirly bokeh in #5 - c'mon what lens? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a yellow filter, that will darken the sky and pump up the stone detail.

-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, but too small :s like 3 and 5 the most. That's true Nester for the greay scale in graveyards, some blocks are even black !

But the positive side is that your probabilities of finding a 18% grey stone for making the right exposure are highly increased Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. I'll try a yellow filter next time. Some shots may be with an orange filter. I took so long finishing the film my memery is foggy as to what lenses and filters I used.

Nesster wrote:
I like #4 as the stone texture shows very well indeed. And the swirly bokeh in #5 - c'mon what lens? Smile

CZJ Biotar Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent compositions. My fave is #5 perfect choice of selective focus. I agree with Orio about yellow filter.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marty. The sky was flat as it so often is.

I've made the images bigger as they were a bit on the small side.