Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 25 - torrent Stirone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Distagon 25 - torrent Stirone Reply with quote

Torrent Stirone with Vigoleno castle in the background:

No lens hood.

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to remind the DSG's post, especially the title:

"Dispelling the Zeiss lens superiority Myth..."

link's here: http://forum.mflenses.com/dispelling-the-zeiss-lens-superiority-myth-t21812.html

Yes. it's a myth Smile moreover this myth has a real background.. Smile

and this picture is a confirmation of this ..

thanks, Orio for this picture ..

tf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb landscape with one of the great Contax lens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is a gem.
I can't understand why there seem to be so many detractors around.
One of the main complaints is the softness of corners - I never noticed any and I used it in many different situations.
The quality of the coating speaks for itself I think.

This is one of the few photos I take, where I can truly say that the lens rendered exactly what I had in front of my eyes. The sense of brightness of the sun, the detail captured in the shadows, the lively reflections of the water.
It turned out to be one of my best landscape pictures I think - and the fact is, I can not take any merit for it except for seeing what I saw and stopping the car to take the picture - the lens did the real job...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the "no lens hood" Shocked

Beautiful early morning shot!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two thumbs up!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - a lovely shot because you saw it and because the lens is so good. I have been using mine and I have to say it is maybe the best in my collection (well one of the best). Superb landscape

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Orio - a lovely shot because you saw it and because the lens is so good. I have been using mine and I have to say it is maybe the best in my collection (well one of the best). Superb landscape
patrickh

For me the best part of using such a lens is that it makes you dare.
If I had a lens that I'd know would flare and perhaps not be so good with shadow detail, maybe I wouldn't have thought it worth to stop and take the picture at all. With this and other lenses like the Distagon 1.4/35, I know that there is no scene so difficult that the lens can not handle well. This gives an incredible confidence when taking snapshots around.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible depth and complete absence of flare, I'm impressed again by the Distagon 25.
Great sample Orio, thanks!