Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax SMC 50mm f1.2 diagrams?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Pentax SMC 50mm f1.2 diagrams? Reply with quote

There is a chap in the US with quite a few Pentax 50mm f1.2 lenses for sal, mainly BIN with offers and I've made an offer on what looks to be an internally furry aka fungus infected lens. While I'm being my usually optomistic self and hoping it is an east fix by removing the front element and a quick clean, I believe the lens has 8 elements which will leave me in need of useful and detailed drawings on the off chance I have to strip the bugger right down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many modern lens has glued elements, what is not easy or impossible to split and clean it. Fungus can grow inside unfortunately. If fungus not covered fully lens surface don't need to worry. It will be a perfectly usable lens. Store right, instead of open it and risk lens safety.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the lens arrived today, the front element shows a bit of dust and should be easy enough to get to removing the name plate.. The rear element looks like it has tiny specs of fungus which occassionally causes a bit of hazing in some pics. It's Pentax SMC M series and it doesn't look like glued elements. It's a pity the rear elements keeper rings aren't slotted like some of the old German M42s as they are nice and easy to get into for cleaning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Well the lens arrived today, the front element shows a bit of dust and should be easy enough to get to removing the name plate.. The rear element looks like it has tiny specs of fungus which occassionally causes a bit of hazing in some pics. It's Pentax SMC M series and it doesn't look like glued elements. It's a pity the rear elements keeper rings aren't slotted like some of the old German M42s as they are nice and easy to get into for cleaning.

But... There is no SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.2. The -M designation is reserved for redesigned variants with smaller barrels. The lens beauty ring may look like the M series, but it is still a K series lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brainfar6t on my partspotmatic, you are correct, it is a K series.