Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 100mm F2.8 E-Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Nikon 100mm F2.8 E-Series Reply with quote

I managed to pick up a Nikon 100mm F2.8 E-Series lens yesterday. Cost was the equivalent of a bit over $16 USD!!!

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks nice!!

Does anyone have this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it. It is a very good lens. Excellent value for the price.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Orio here although mine doesn't get used too much as I also have the 105mm F2.5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great price!

I owned one years ago, and I liked it a lot. But like Scott, I also owned (still do) a 105/2.5, so I sold it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one (it was 'thrown in' as part of a deal buying two Leitz lenses); it is a nice lens, but I don't use it much, since I prefer the Leitz Elmarit-R 90mm (or Nikkor 85 f/1.4).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one too. Feels cheap because of the plastic construction but very good performances. Light, small and sharp wide-open. One of the lenses I always keep in my bag.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say this is one of the hidden gems of lens history!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing little lens for price/quality performance. If you dont like the plastic try the Kaleinar 100/2.8, which is just as cheap, supposed to be a copy and built like a tank. Performs well too

patrickh