Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you screw 2 halves of the lens back together??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: How do you screw 2 halves of the lens back together?? Reply with quote

see this post for the 2 halves......http://forum.mflenses.com/2-new-friends-soligor-and-lentar-t21614.html

Soligor 200/F4.5
I have tried and tried,any tips on how to do it?or what you have done maybe on a different lens.I get the general idea but can't get it lined up...I found the screws which I have tightened to stop the original slackness from the post above(The focus ring from spinning continuously) do I need some movement on this plastic ring that the 2 screws when you tighten them this becomes unmovable.Sorry it's a bit of a confusing description but I don't know what the parts are. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at my thread on Biotar reassembly and Jieffe's link. If it's the same you need 3 hands.

http://forum.mflenses.com/biotar-2-58-reassembly-t21663.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I will set a time and have another go....great therapy or perhaps it will put me in therapy Laughing

How did they do this when they mass produced them...machine or by hand??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I can get them together now(thank you the instructions were ok but got lost on the ac and b1 b2...I guessed!)....BUT It is now fixed past infinity..and I can't move the barrel/focus....aperture is still ok.There is a grove as below on this photo

now the ring the grove is on was loose so I tightened the screws so it does not move.(was this right to do)I am assuming this grove is the focus zone when you rotate the barrel? using the aperture scale that does not change, where in relation to that should this grove face? the grove goes 3/4 around the ring in the above photo. Question
Thanks again for help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the same as my Biotar then it took a bit of trial and error to get it back in the right place.

What you may notice is the threads on the focus ring start in many different places, so if it's now going past infinity, unscrew it and then refit but this time in a different position.

It took me a few attempts to get this right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is set at past infinity there is no movement of the barrel to focus...so I have messed up something somewhere.It is trial and error....patience is a virtue when you have ago at fixing your own lens Smile

There are six screws on this part of the barrel in the picture in the above post the screw on the left is the one that tightens the plastic ring(with grove) should this plastic ring move at all? Inside this ring are the two metal blocks that should I assume slot into the other half of the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like something went wrong when reassembling.

It's really hard to visualise and I'm far from an expert. Could you dismantle the lens and take pics and I'm sure somone could point you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do,as frustrating as it is I am learning as I go.Thanks for your help...just want to get it working Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens in parts.which parts do I join first?

This is the focusing ring(I think) It sits on A.You can see where the barrel(B) It has a screw that holds it on to this part has scraped the outside of the ring...why I think it was not working in the first place.The other 1 can be part C.I have to get this sitting in the right spot otherwise I can not get infinity lined up with the Aperture numbers.

Are these pictures good enough or you need more?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked out how the focusing is set but still can't get it all lined up,I can get the front lens so all is attached but not in the right position.SO CLOSE yet so far! Confused

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note the lens did not survive Crying or Very sad Embarassed
You need patience and a lighter touch.....I ended up with everything back together but useless.Then I forced it to come apart and ...now I have 2 parts and the focus ring stuck inside the barrel not attached to where it's meant to be. Embarassed
A ten dollar lens and a lot learnt but not a great outcome.I don't like killing lens....I have parts now for future use?? Rolling Eyes
Order of putting together B & C first Then A...this requires the most patience...which I lost tonight.