Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 new "friends" Soligor and lentar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: 2 new "friends" Soligor and lentar Reply with quote

The lentar I assume is a Nikon mount as it has NI and a screwed on piece of aluminum(very rough)Last photo left lens but on the right of that lens.
The Soligor says MD which I assume is Minolta??To be honest I was thinking it would be a bigger lens than what it is for a 200mm.can someone explain how the 2 aperture rings work I have not seen that before.And last but not least is it possible to
A)get K mount adapters to mount them on my Ricohs(or M42)
B)Get them modified for the above mounts ?
The Soligor mount looks odd as in the screw holes have been drilled out(no screws seen in them)
Both where cheap under $20 for both.Still a good buy??

Forgot to say the glass is the clearest I have seen on all the lenses I have acquired! no dust or hint of fungus.Only a bit of oil on the Soligors blades

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news with the Soligor it is M42 no pin or pin hole...found out by having a closer look at it.And seeing it had a M42- Minolta adapter on it.yeah haw I can now try it on my Ricoh!! Very Happy
Feel like an idiot but hey I am learning.... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics from those lenses wiil tell all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't tell me how to use the double aperture rings? As you see in the photo(last)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the rings is the pre-select ring that you set for the aperture you like to use. You might have to push or pull it to front or back to get it moving. The other ring opens and closes the aperture between wide open and the aperture you just chosen. So you can focus wide open and close the aperture without looking at the aperture ring.

(Which is pointless, because of course you can see in the finder if it is 5.6, 8 or 11. Smile )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the Soligor is M42 mount? It's more likely to be a T-mount which also has a 42mm screw connector, but will need an M42 t-mount adapter screwed on to make it fit properly (these are dead cheap).

Let us know how you get on with it, I found the 200/4.5 low resolution compared to the newer 200/3.5 model.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek you are right it's a T mount Embarassed I had it on my Ricoh with the m42-PK mount adapter and the Tmount m42 adapter unscrewed with it ...feels a bit like christmas all these bits coming of this one lens Shocked

Very happy with this buy as I now have 2 adapters + one usable lens,and for the other lens I have to wait on an adapter or Buy a Nikon camera Rolling Eyes
With the lentar what Nikon matches the NI mount?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok The saga continues.....I will stick with the soligor in this thread as that is the one I am trying to use.
I have just discovered to my horror that it's bottom half/middle turns freely??I can open and close the aperture blades etc NO problems they stop where they are meant to...how ever when I use the focusing it spins freely past infinity and the last focal point...basically I can keep spinning it.However I can find the right points where it should stop and start from.I opened it up from the bottom but could only get so far
removed both aperture rings,Back lens,There seems to be a bit of oil on every part I touch or pull off this photo shows you where I got to and a little screw on the side I did not know whether to touch or not and noted a similar screw was missing from the opposite side.

.Quite simply put....HELP!! I won't bother returning it as i like this lens and here is the oppertunity to learn....anyone else had days/lens like this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the lens a shave, all that facial hair in one of the earlier pics is not going to enhance image quality.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the focusring rotates but the actual focusing stops you could try tightening the setscrews on the focusing ring.

If the actual focusing doesn't stop at any point there's danger that the front group might fall off (come detached from the focusing helical thread). In this happens it can be bit tricky to get it back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno Laughing Yes forgot to tidy it up Embarassed

ovim: Are you saying open it from the front of the lens?I am a complete newbie at this so would appreciate clearer instructions on how to do this...please.I do believe the front is fine it's the back middle that wobbles and feels like it will fall apart.There was some grinding when turning it...how bad is it doctor's Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have here, unfortunately, is an opportunity for exploration !

Many lenses (too many) have easily messed-up helical mechanisms. I have found problems such as broken stop-screws or pegs, worn-out stops, loosened stop-rings, etc. The probelem here is that the thing can often be unscrewed completely, and its sometimes a bother getting it right again. That doesn't seem to be your problem, is it ?

I have also found lenses where one half was attached to the other by set-screws that easily loosen, so the whole thing rotates freely. I have one with this little issue now, working on a portfolio for a posting. I had another case like that with a Yashinonon-R zoom.

It certainly can look like a helical problem, but it isn't. To fix it, you will probably have to hunt for the set-screws on the barrel somewhere, perhaps hidden by some other ring or the focusing grip itself to get at them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking whoever had it before me may have dismantled it to clean it(as the lens are very clean ,no dust) and couldn't put it back together...I might ask him. I still can use it as it does focus once you find it...LOL.

It looks like a easy lens to pull apart (saying this but not done it!)
There is one screw on the focusing barrel but I can't see how removing it would open it up.The inbuilt hood has a screw under it as well but this is a very fine screw that looks like it has not been touched.

I am keen to give this ago....but I think I need a few more tools,Finer screw driver set.And patience Laughing

When I rotate it to the 3/10 position infinity being on the other end you can feel a bump as you go past this point ,it feels like something is not catching/stopping as it should.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After surgery here is what I have now.....Need help screwing the two pieces back again!!

This last photo is where the problem lies how do i get into that part of the lens ...or is it a dead dog=hopeless situation???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok found it unscrews...this is nerve racking stuff screw one way the top unscrews screw something else the bottom unscrews.....how does it all line up??? something is just not grabbing and holding.
is this the problem from the following photos This is from the barrel and Fstop half unscrewed.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.