Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Three street-scenes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Three street-scenes Reply with quote

1) A tuba-player of a marching-band in Bharatpur.
Elmarit 90mm @f 4 ISO 800

2) One for cow-lovers like me: an ox-cart in Delhi. Actually they are mostly pulled by cows, but I think there is no 'cow-cart' in English.
Summicron 50mm @ f 2.8 ISO 320

3) A rice-shop on the Main Bazaar in Delhi at 20:41 p.m.
Summicron 50mm @ f 2 ISO 1250

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful smile in the first one !
The cow. Wise and quiet animal.

Beautiful shots, Thomas.
thanks. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting colours. Is this down to the lens or PP?

I like the 1st one in particular. The cow is good too, but nothing like the ones we get here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do much to colours in PP, sometimes I even have to de-saturate them a little. Sometimes, when there is too much contrast between highlights and shadows, I use the appropriate corrections in PS a little. That might change the colours.

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, since you asked about the colours of the first picture, I did the following:
I opened the original RAW-picture in Capture NX2, adjusted the grey-point and opened it in Photoshop CS 4. Then I converted it into jpeg, high quality, without doing anything else.

This is it, the 'original':

Next one is with Orio's Microcontrast #2:

Now with Orio's Microcontrast #3:

The last one without any sharpening, with Photoshop 'Soft light' 40%:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orio's microcontrast? Shocked

did i miss something?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, dear Mario, you missed Orio's 'Zeissification'- actions, which he offered to this very community free of charge some time ago. Try the search, and I guess you'll find it in no time.

Thomas

I just looked for it myself. Here it is:

http://forum.mflenses.com/free-zeissifiers-actions-t20729,highlight,zeissification.html

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot! how could i miss it?