Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 2.8/24mm on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 2.8/24mm on NEX-3 Reply with quote

Shot these today in short break in rain storms.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice !!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more I processed in SIlver efex and a stitched panorama to finish it off.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever colour there was, the lens found it. I like that in a lens, I want to see the colours out of the camera. Very good images.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cheated a bit and shot these using the Auto HDR feature of my NEX, which I haven't tried before, it actually works a treat, it saves a single shot JPEG and a 3-shot HDR JPEG and does it very fast so you can use it handheld, which all of these are. I didn't change saturation or colours on any of them apart from the yellow signpost with 45 on it, the NEX really does produce stunning colours. The single shots were okay but due to the bad light weren't that good, the HDR really helps on days like today where it is dull and gray.

Things I like about this lens are manifold, in fact, it might be my new favourite lens. I love the dimensionality you get with it wide open, which many of these are, those that aren't are at f5.6. Now I've grown accustomed to how the NEX works, I find it very easy to use with wider lenses, just hit the 7x MF assist zoom and focus on the part of the subject you want in focus then re-frame and shoot, with this 24mm it is very easy to focus and therefore very fast to use, maybe as fast as some AF systems.

I will stick this on my TC-X and shoot a roll of film as soon as we get some decent sunlight, film today would have been pretty pointless.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a huge DOF you get with that lens. I enjoy viewing the pics of mechanical things.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Ron, never used smaller that f5.6 so the dof can get deeper!

I have had this lens for a couple of months and not had chance to try it so today was just about checking it worked, any good shots was therefor just a bonus. My favourite by far is the spiral staircase.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, images very clear and with superb definition, I am impressed! Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was surprised at the results in such poor light, if a lens can do this well in such conditions it must be a top one imho.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That auto HDR sounds like a nice feature. At least many of your pictures show incredible colors.

If I may say, living in the UK is almost cheating, every building, street or urban structure looks so charming.

Anyway, beautiful pictures.

PS:what's that thing on #32?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jito

Thanks for kind words, glad you find them charming, we have a lot of old, very old, run-down and derelict buildings around here to shoot.

The NEX produces great colours, very vivid, I am not sure if they are more saturated with auto HDR mode or not, I didn't alter the colours in PP, the PP I did was tweaking of the brightness/contrast (auto HDR produces lower contrast images but with more detail in the highlights and shadows so gives you lots of scope to tweak the brightness/contrast), sharpening with NIK Sharpener 3.0 plugin for Photoshop then resize to 1500x100.

The thing on #32 is a new knife block my mother bought, it is a block of wood with a set of knives in, I focussed on the purple-ended one which is labelled 'bread'.