Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maastricht (Nikkor 50mm f/1.2)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Maastricht (Nikkor 50mm f/1.2) Reply with quote

Photo taken in the Basilica of St-Servatius, Maastricht (The Netherlands), with Nikon D700 and a Nikkor 50mm f/1.2@f/1.2 ...

There are more photos of the day trip on my zenfolio-website, but they are all taken with AF-lenses... BEWARE! Wink Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photo, nice composition and colours. The sculptor's concept seems rather strange.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Looks like a support of some sort (candles, statuette?)
That's a difficult lens to get working right

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture, nice contrast and color.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind replies Smile

It is difficult for me to describe what you see in English as I don't know the correct words, but it is a capital, the top of a column, and on top of it (dissolved in the bokeh) is the statue of a saint.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
Thanks for the kind replies Smile

It is difficult for me to describe what you see in English as I don't know the correct words, but it is a capital, the top of a column, and on top of it (dissolved in the bokeh) is the statue of a saint.

Yes, that's what I thought ... a saint crushing some poor peasant under his feet. I still think it's a strange concept, though not entirely at odds with my own opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be an angel, not a peasant.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pose kind of resembles the pose of gothic gargoyles. Which leads me to think he is protecting the saint, ready to take a leap out. Just like the gargoyles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter, what it is, a gargoyle or an angel, it is a very good picture taken with a very good lense. I love it too. With the D700 it is much easier to use than with the D200.

Thomas