Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Balloons with Voigtlander 90/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Balloons with Voigtlander 90/3.5 Reply with quote

Today at Ballooon Festival in Montague California (don't look it up, population is barely 500)

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice shot Patrick. Did you crop to get the composition or are you good at framing ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a nice picture! -- I love this motif --

and Voigtlander is a great lens..

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cropping. I havelearnt that balloons move so slowly you wait for an apprpriate configuration (and hope you have the right focal length lens!

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great colors!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
great colors!

Agree - I like colors here in these photos!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have those balloons flying above my house every now and then - as there is a landing field not distant from here.
They make a strange noise when fired is turned on - first time it took a while for me to realize it was coming from the sky - I was looking around searching for something on the ground Laughing
Nice picture in spite of some atmospheric haze which I can perceive. Shooting objects in the sky can be tricky because of that, you always seem to get a bit of haze hue in the pictures even if you don't see any with your eyes on location. Do you also have a wide shot that portrays the balloons and the area?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

Sharp eyes as always. In fact we were fighting smoke haze from a fire almost 100 miles away. I will see if I have anything worth putting up from my 24/2.8 nikkkor

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what gives the roaring sound (topcor 100/2.Cool:

nikkor 24/2.8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Patrick, I like the last one with the nikkor 24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the two Nikkor's shots, beautiful !!
Nice to see the whole location - impressive with all those balloons taking off !