Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Book: Bizarre and Incredible World of Plants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: New Book: Bizarre and Incredible World of Plants Reply with quote

There is a new book out by W. Stuppy et al. the "Bizarre and Incredible World of Plants", published by Papadakis Publishing house (also available there and at amazon btw.)
http://www.papadakis.net/live/index.php?main_page=pubs_product_book_jph1_info&cPath=13&products_id=150

which also features my work of bees seeing plants in UV very differently than how we do. His images are stunning, a great coffee table book just for viewing, but also for the scientifically interested reader as it also has plenty of explainatory text in it. The book is only GBP20!

It is a "best of" book of the following three award winning books:

Wolfgang Stuppy is the seed morphologist for the Millennium Seed Bank Project at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and it has been a pleasure and honor to have been asked to be in part of his book.

all images (c) Papadakis and W. Stuppy.

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning indeed! Thanks for information!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Klaus, another success!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, little steps, but leading into the right direction...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's a good book when all that is required to convince you is the cover photography Very Happy

This area of photography is way beyond my artistical reach (not to mention technical knowledge...) and I think it will remain so, but this book is something that I'm not going to pass on.

Thanks Klaus for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks incredible! Congrats on this one. And thanks for the photo's you've shown, they are great!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! This is the best of three, so for quite little money (GBP20) you can have the best images of the three larger volumes!

Das Buch gibt es auch in Deutsch übrigens z.B. bei amazon.de (leider teurer EUR29.90 wie so üblich in Deutschlabd):
http://www.amazon.de/unglaubliche-Welt-Pflanzen-Wolfgang-Stuppy/dp/3836926202/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271258755&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic looking book... I put it on my amazon list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it in the mail today (was delayed due to volcano). Beautiful book, and I found the text detailing the sex life of plants very interesting. Was 21 EUR including shipping from the UK, well worth it.