Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Waiting for pre-set takumars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Waiting for pre-set takumars Reply with quote

Bought 2 preset Takumars, 105mm/2.8 and 135mm/3.5. Jihuu. And the sun is shining and snow is melting. Can't wait until the package arrives! Smile Just needed to write to get some excitment of my chest Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Mattias!

these two are the most beautiful of all my lenses, I love them also for being presets and very small.
Their performance...I remember a test of a MF friend of 100/105 lenses and though he had found that a Nikon f2.5/105 to be best performer he still picked the 2.8/105 preset Takumar to be his 'favorite'. These few test shots ( see: http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=3046 ) suggests that the preset 3.5/135 Tak outperforms that same, famous 2.5/105 Nikkor:

very curious how you will like them!

Last edited by kuuan on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link does not seem to work for me. By the way: there are several versions of the pre-set Takumars, for instance the older 105mm f/2.8 pre-set has 4 elements as opposed to the later 5 element version (I have both). All versions should be equally fine though!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's Peter for pointing out the bad link, I corrected that and it should work now

yes, if it is the two colored version, that is black with chrome, it is the 4/4 first version ( optically identical with the Auto Tak and the version used in the mentioned test ),
if it is all black it has 5 elements ( optically identical with later Super and S-M-C versions ), right?
( I have all 5 Embarassed )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You care correct Andreas! Of course, if there's a Takumar connoisseur AND user it must be you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's Peter, you are the reference Smile
( sure I have been using Takumars quite a bit and by now have some knowledge about them too.
but otherwise I better shut up so that my beginners opinions do not dilute the important input of experienced photographers )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious myself as how you'll like the 135/35. I have a chrome/black one sitting on my shelf that I haven't gotten around to test or use.

To be honest, this is not a very practical focal length in the winter where most of my shooting is indoors. Now that the weather is looking up, I'll hopefully get around to use it along with it's much bigger brother - S-M-C 135/2.5.

Bjorn