Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just won Super Tak 35mm f2. Need image examples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Just won Super Tak 35mm f2. Need image examples Reply with quote

Just won a nice (i hope) 35mm f2 Super Takumar on the bay of e. Has anyone got any image examples so i know what to expect? Quite chuffed as i only come across f3.5's mostly so will be nice having the f2.

Cheers

Andy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You buy first and ask after for the quality of the lens ? Not very logical Rolling Eyes
Wich version of Supr Takumar ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Andy. I also have the 'big' 35mm f/2 Super-Takumar. I must admit I haven't used it much, but this shot was made with it:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Not exactly you lens (mine is an SMC Takumar, not a Super Takumar), but, anyway:

Intentionally unfixed some CA ...

The whole set of my pics taken with this lens is on my Flickr photostream here.

Hope this will comfort you.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You buy first and ask after for the quality of the lens ? Not very logical Rolling Eyes
Wich version of Supr Takumar ?

I am now a Takumar collector and one popped up on the bay! I would have bought one anyway as i don't have a 35mm lens but thought i would see what the images were like now that i have won it.

Not sure which version. On the pic on the bay it reads Asahi Opt Co japan Super and then what looks like Multicoated, can't read the rest. It says Super Takumar in the ad description. Is this an SMC version?

Great images indianadinos. Looks like i have a lot to look forward to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, a fast 'normal' lens on APS-C is very useful, and the Tak 2/35 doesn't disappoint.
There are 81 photos now in a set on my flickr site dedicated to photos taken with the S-M-C Takumar 2/35 see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157611348124390/
( note that all of them are 'street photography, not taken in controlled circumstances. quite a few of them I had shown in a recent thread in the Photographer's Cafe showing photos from Vietnam )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, looks the very same as yours! Woo hoo!!! Love your set on Flickr. I have seen them before and remember being impressed!

I paid £55 UK Pounds for mine. Is that good?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TAKUMAR : it is a S-M-C. Super Takumars have 'Takumar', not 'TAKUMAR'.
There are two version of the Super, one with 67mm filter ring, one with 49mm Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to wait to see which one!

Thanks people!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them perform very differently. The small one is better for shooting at f/2, while the bigger one is better stopped down.

This shot is taken by the small one (I have S-M-C version) at f/2:

100% crop:

this shot was taken by the big one (maybe at f5.6-f/7):

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received my lens and it's a S-M-C Takumar Whoop Whoop!!

Just taken a few pics. Will sort them out in a bit and post them up. Lens looks perfect! No dust, fungi or anything.

Thanks for posting the pics. Most impressive. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

andyw wrote:
I have just received my lens and it's a S-M-C Takumar Whoop Whoop!!

Just taken a few pics. Will sort them out in a bit and post them up. Lens looks perfect! No dust, fungi or anything.

Thanks for posting the pics. Most impressive. Smile

Congrats for the fine lens ... Use (and abuse of) it, it was my preferred 35mm before i put my hands off an FA-31 Limited ...

Don't forget to post some sample pics ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to take a couple images. Not very good but pleased with the Lens. Feels like new!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy you new toy, the results are really good ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww thanks! Cool