Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some pics OM-1 + Tokina 3.5/17 mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Some pics OM-1 + Tokina 3.5/17 mm Reply with quote

Hello all,
Took some pictures to try the Tokina 3.5/17 mm fitted on OM-1.Pictures scanned on cd rom by developer. Just resized to put on this forum. No post processing.
Regards, Cliff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody say this is a good lens, good one indeed! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see such wide angles without any distortion! Love these kind of perspectives.

Also these have been taken in Rotterdam if my memory serves me right Razz.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results; it also did well on my (now sold) 5D. I should try it on a Pentax film camera body. I was particularly impressed with the sharpness in the corners - not easy for extreme WA lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be interested especially in full frame.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. First picture is taken in The Hague near the central station. The second and third in Rotterdam, Lijnbaan and Rotterdam Hofplein a former train station now temporarely used for lightrail trains the "Randstadrail". All taken with the sunny f16 rule while the lightmeter on the OM-1 is broken. Lens is a SMC Tokina 3.5 / 17mm so not the later more expensive version.

Regards, Cliff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnf_spedition wrote:
... Lens is a SMC Tokina 3.5 / 17mm s ...

Do you mean ...RMC... ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of them in nikon AF format - it is really not bad for the price. Bit soft especially in the corners, but better than the Tamron IMHO. These are excellent samples

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have it (in pk-mount) and i love it for extrem angles. but it stays behind my 3,5/24 tak. but thats no fair battle!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sichko you are right. It's RMC 3.5 / 17 mm .

Cliff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnf_spedition wrote:
Sichko you are right. It's RMC 3.5 / 17 mm .

Cliff

Thanks. I have this one. I know that there's a more expensive one but I'm not sure what it is called.