Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax T* Sonnar 135mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Contax T* Sonnar 135mm 2.8 Reply with quote

This is probably one of my best lenses (if not the best one).

At the first days I had my dog Patsi I took her some pics with the Sonnar, and I allways like the results it provides. What do you think?

All wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lens both excellent and affordable. I recommend it to everyone. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo -- we think that your pictures are superb! Smile

Our Contax Inquisition requests that you must buy MORE and MORE contax lenses ! Smile

Enjoy your puppy!

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... I wish I could buy so much more Contax lenses..... Sad

If only I could find some more at the price of this one, I'd have lots of Contaxs! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the dog, the lens and the colors.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice dog!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results Rodrigo. This lens is fantastic.

I strongly recommend to follow the Contax path! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i can figure it out by yout awesome collection!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an alert little dog! Nice portraits

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is superb! and I quite like the other too, of course

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the infinity detail from this lens?
any samplses
-Jim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment will be simple : wow Laughing

Great colors, rendition and dog. This lens is indeed affordable ( but think that it must have cost like 1000$ above at times, so now everything is pretty affordabel even Leicas Very Happy ) and i plan to buy it in the months to come.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors and sharpness.
Fine dog portraits as well.
80 - 135 can often be good focal lengths for dog photography I think.
Our dogs tend to get curious of I come to close with the camera and stop what they are doing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this lens myself. Being a Sony user I had to resort to some DIY to get it on my camera, but conversion to Sony/Minolta AF was very straightforward (for the MM version, the other version does not seem to have screws on the back of the mount for direct removal) and only took an hour or so (remove old mount, drill holes in new mount, use original screws to attach it, tune infinity focus a bit with shims cut from aluminium foil).

Anyhow, my first test shots with it (original size available in my flickr, linked from each photo):

Focus slightly off, but still very respectable sharpness wide open. Very slightly cropped.

Difficult situation for bokeh, but the Sonnar manages it quite well (not perfectly, though). Very respectable sharpness on the stump, for being wide open.

Nice Sonnar bokeh, I like it very much. Excellent sharpness once again (e.g. texture on leaves in the lower left corner).

The shots are largely unedited, except for minor adjustment of exposure in raw conversion for #2 & #3, and very slight cropping for #1.

Overall verdict based on first impressions: definitely a keeper, can be used wide open with no worries about sharpness. I bought it primarily because I like the M42-mount CZJ MC Sonnar 135mm f/3.5 very much but mine is slightly broken mechanically (which is annoying), and it would have seemed silly to get another one of those. I expect I'll still be using the f/3.5 occasionally for a slightly smaller and closer-focusing lens.

Last edited by Arkku on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your great new lens! Hard to find better 135mm lens enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I am tempted to buy it to replace 135/3.5.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought this lens too!
Can't wait when it arrived.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures Rodrigo, i am always saying to you that i don't want to buy a Sonnar 2.8/135, but you results are always greats.
Congratulations