Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD pending payment] Aus Jena Electric 135mm f/3.5 Sonnar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: [SOLD pending payment] Aus Jena Electric 135mm f/3.5 Sonnar Reply with quote

This is a great user in excellent condition. Some paint loss on the finish, but nothing serious. It comes with the original caps and case. Focusing is smooth but a little dry (no surprise, eh?) and the diaphragm is clean and very snappy. There's a very small ding on the front ring (you can see it in the photo).

The only other problem with this lens is that the diaphragm does not open completely at the f/3.5 setting; it's closed just a by a very tiny amount (this is a f/3.5 lens, I think it becomes a f/3.55 lens this way Smile)

All in all, a great user. Price: 60 Euros, shipping to anywhere in Europe included. Elsewhere please ask; PayPal please add 2,70 euros.

Last edited by Spotmatic on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Aus Jena Electric 135mm f/3.5 Sonnar Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
The only other problem with this lens is that the diaphragm does not open completely at the f/3.5 setting; it's closed just a by a very tiny amount (this is a f/3.5 lens, I think it becomes a f/3.55 lens this way :))

If by this you mean that just the very edges of the aperture blades remain visible, I think it's normal for this lens; mine does it too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Aus Jena Electric 135mm f/3.5 Sonnar Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
The only other problem with this lens is that the diaphragm does not open completely at the f/3.5 setting; it's closed just a by a very tiny amount (this is a f/3.5 lens, I think it becomes a f/3.55 lens this way Smile)

If by this you mean that just the very edges of the aperture blades remain visible, I think it's normal for this lens; mine does it too.

Interesting, maybe our copies were made by the same DDR comrade Smile Thanks for your reply!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 this is normal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consulted this issue with my repairman some time ago - he showed me on the testing device, that if the real amount of light should be equal to f/3.5, the lens should be adjusted in this way. If he ajusts the aperture to be fully opened, the amount of light is higher than it should be at f/3.5.

It is realted only to MC 135/3.5 Sonnar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
I consulted this issue with my repairman some time ago - he showed me on the testing device, that if the real amount of light should be equal to f/3.5, the lens should be adjusted in this way. If he ajusts the aperture to be fully opened, the amount of light is higher than it should be at f/3.5.

It is realted only to MC 135/3.5 Sonnar.

Thanks for your comments, Jiri. It must be said: the CZJ lenses have interesting quirks I was not aware of. This is a great forum, I always learn something new!

@Milano: PM replied! Very Happy