Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Braided hair girl: would this version be better?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Braided hair girl: would this version be better? Reply with quote

Please let me know if you find this other picture of the braided girl less disturbing
(no more man in white)
I can try to clone out the child's arm in case...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the other picture for easier comparison:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn good cloning. Yes the new guy's less of a distraction. I like the child's hand, it adds a bit of strangeness.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not clone, it's a different picture...

I am not sure if the striped shirt disturbs less than the white one... white catches the eye but it's less clashing with the historical atmosphere than a lettered t-shirt with shoulder bag and those big sneackers....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nesster - I like the child´s pointing finger. I would try to darken the striped T-shirt and shoes, the shoulder bag doesn´t bother me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing so it is! What you can do is blur/smudge the offending stripes and logo, and darken the shoes. But I see what you mean, the guy in the white isn't too offensive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one much better!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 for me too, there is something... second for me doesn't say much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I listen to you and will keep the newer one (#1) and try to work on it to improve it, following some of your suggestions (such as darkening the t-shirt -sounds like a great idea).

Will post the result when I have it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is the final release candidate. After a lot of Photoshop work:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, although it appears darker than the others.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Very nice, although it appears darker than the others.

Would you like it better this way?:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the last one does it for me ... she stands out of the crowd nicely this way.

It was my idea when I first saw the pic but I hate to tincker with other people's work.

Nicely done, Orio ... [Jedi mode on]You are my master[Jedi mode off] Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Yep, the last one does it for me ... she stands out of the crowd nicely this way.
It was my idea when I first saw the pic but I hate to tincker with other people's work.
Nicely done, Orio ... [Jedi mode on]You are my master[Jedi mode off] Laughing

Thanks Jieffe. I enjoy all constructive criticism, even more so in an occasion like this when I enter pictures to a contest. Of course then it's me who have to make the final choices and decide which advice to take and which not, but all advices are considered. I have to say that with regards to this picture, the advices have all been *extremely* helpful. For instance, that of burning the guy with the striped shirt was a saver. And also this advice about the too dark picture was right. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:

[Jedi mode on]You are my master[Jedi mode off] Laughing

Laughing
May the Focus be with you Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the result. Also the frame supports the picture, but I´m sorry to see that you cropped out the finger. I did find that detail the extra something, that makes a picture stand out.

Only one picture allowed in the contest?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
I like the result. Also the frame supports the picture, but I´m sorry to see that you cropped out the finger. I did find that detail the extra something, that makes a picture stand out.

I have been thinking about it.
The problem is that a contest jury is likely to be more picky than understanding, in general. Also this is not Pulitzer contest, but a local one, so even more so. Wink
I thought that the odds that someone in the jury could kill the picture because of the "hand without owner" were bigger than the chances of finding a jury that would appreciate the weird detail. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Only one picture allowed in the contest?

No, it's three, but I have been working on this one so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand. Probably better to play safe at least for the first time. Smile

Do you make a print from the photo, or is this a virtual contest? (You could make a flap on the print frame and show the hand only for those, who have the same weird sense of humour than me.) Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one does it for me, excellent!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one definitely, but I miss the "pointing finger" Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This photo made it into the 36 finalists and will be displayed in the exhibition inside the castle of San Secondo from August 27th.
It did not win any of the first three prizes however.
The other two photos I sent (the B&W portrait and the couple of nobles) were rejected Rolling Eyes
I will go to the exhibition on the 30th when they will deliver a paper to the finalists, I am curious to see about the other photos.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Orio! that's great to be in the exhibition

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear this went to the final round.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It did not win any of the first three prizes however.
The other two photos I sent (the B&W portrait and the couple of nobles) were rejected Rolling Eyes
...but you're one of the best 36 photographers ! Congrats, Orio, I'm really happy for you Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contest jury. What a theme!! Almost all, once in our life, wanted to kill (virtually) one of them. The fashion, subjetivity, good-bad day, etc make a difficult activity to present opus in contest.

I think that can be better to support a little exhibition and promote it in magazines, radio, cheaps tv cannals, etc.