Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gailardia "Summerwind"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Gailardia "Summerwind" Reply with quote

A unusual species, all yellow...but only to the human eye

VIS:

Tetrachromatic vision [UV+VIS]

UV induced fluorescence:

Reflected UV:

...so I hope I could widen your vison a bit into the "invisible world"....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to be reminded that what we see is not how things are, but only how things appear to us... one of the several possible "universes".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klaus

These non-traditional views are fascinating, informative and beautiful. So glad you are sharing this with us

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the nice words - appreciate it!

Yes, to widen our vision is my goal....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only do these increase an awareness of the "hidden" colors, but the image itself is dynamite. I REALLY appreciate seeing the various color wavelengths through your filters. It's a lot of fun to scroll through these.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, made me look up what Tetrachromatic actually is. Some humans have actually been reported to being able to see that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is magic!
Thanks for sharing Klaus, you are the Doctor of the invisible light Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys!

Yes, there is a scientific paper which postulates humans "hidden tetrachromats" since some humans can actually see UV!! At least I am not alone ... LOL