Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fast 80mm... REMIX!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: fast 80mm... REMIX! Reply with quote

since my last request has an error now, i cannot read your suggestions!
http://forum.mflenses.com/searching-for-a-fast-80mm-t18975.html#162820
could you please post them again?

i am searching for a fast 80er lens up to 200€. with the request if it is realistic to find a lens (faster or exactly at 1.8) with the performance close to (e.g.) a pancolar in this price range.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't 100% what I wrote, but I'd recommend you to look out for misrepresented items. I.e. camera kits with the 80/85mm included but not described at all. Look outside of eBay. It must be possible to get those fine lenses for less than $100 each!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Super Takumar 85/1.9 for ~100US$. Same with a Auto Takumar 85/1.8.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... thats exactly what i am doin all day. ok there are some moments of sleeping and eating Wink

i got my 2,4/35 flek this way for 37€ additionally to a praktika mtl 50 Cool

but i tried to find out, which alternatives could be found for the pancolar or the tak that are less expensive, you know? there are some of these price-performance-wonders like the distagon 2,8/28. i want to get to know some 80mm wonders!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very lucky with an almost free Vivitar 85/1.8 by the time I'd sold the body it came with Smile

Always check the dealers, I got a flek for under £30.00 from one! And a Sonnar for under a tenner Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should just get the Canon EF 85 1.8. It is a great lens. At used prices it does not cost too much more than a good MF option.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry... tkblsc! but i was interessted to work with this lens. that means that i will touch it! and since i touched my tak or my jupiter the first time, it is really hard to imagine that i could touch a canon ef-plastic-lens one day! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon 85 1.8 or 2 is very sharp and have nice bokeh Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
sorry... tkblsc! but i was interessted to work with this lens. that means that i will touch it! and since i touched my tak or my jupiter the first time, it is really hard to imagine that i could touch a canon ef-plastic-lens one day! Shocked

Should have known better than to suggest an autofocus lens on a MF forum! Wink

It has fantastic optics though and the build is not "cheap". It has canon's ring USM with FTM so you can Manual focus right along with autofocus without switching a button. Seems like the best use of your money to me, but again, I know this is a MF crowd, so I will be stop talking... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
supahmario wrote:

Should have known better than to suggest an autofocus lens on a MF forum! Wink

It has fantastic optics though and the build is not "cheap". It has canon's ring USM with FTM so you can Manual focus right along with autofocus without switching a button. Seems like the best use of your money to me, but again, I know this is a MF crowd, so I will be stop talking... Laughing

Well, I saw a comparison with this lens against 4 MF lenses on the `other' forum and it was the sharpest and had the 2nd best bokeh. The Helios which many rave about was way down in terms of sharpness. Its bokeh is not to my taste and neither is the price!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Minolta MD 85mm F2.0 for the equivalent of about $15 USD!!!

Perfect condition(almost mint), very sharp. Crazy cheap for this superb lens, with a reputation amongst Minolta enthusiasts of being one of Minolta's sharpest, with great bokeh.

~~~~~~~~
Oh, I also have the Nikon 85mm F1.8, although it's the AF version, I use it mainly MF on a 4/3 or micro 4/3 body.
It cost me the equivalent of about $230 USD