Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Experiment with ACR 5.2 and Helios-44-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Experiment with ACR 5.2 and Helios-44-7 Reply with quote

Like poilu said, ACR 5.2 is a very good software.
I tried a B&W conversion with it, using the split toning tool (very subtly)
The photo was taken with 50D and a Helios-44-7
The photo was extremely difficult exercise, because there is very little room to work when dealing with the white tones of the snow: one step left, and you get grays, one step right, and you clip.

Actual pixels (crop):

Overall I'm decently pleased with the result.
It's not like the best B&W plugins, but it can work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another image, always same setup, this time in colour.
The tool to selectively edit, is fantastic.
I could reduce the orangish saturation on the offwhite balcony wall, without affecting the red of the car.

On a side note, the colours rendered by the Helios are fantastic match with the 50D.
It really makes me feel like if they were film colours.
Helios and 50D are really a great match.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another B&W study for tonalities:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACR 5.2 for Photoshop CS4? Or is there a stand alone raw editor I don't know of Smile

Edited:

Never mind, I did a search and found out it is CS4. Guess I need to drop some coin again into update for CS3 Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razster wrote:
Never mind, I did a search and found out it is CS4. Guess I need to drop some coin again into update for CS3 Sad
CS4 or Lightroom 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s helios 44m-7 or mc 44m-7 ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACR works well with Canon and Nikon raw. Unfortunately, it is not able to convert Sony raw properly and seems like Adobe has no intention to do anything about it, at least not in the near future.