Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Oak
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Old Oak Reply with quote

Distagon 21 on EOS 5D
Developed in Lightroom.

I have little time to photograph now, but I love this lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why the image looks blurred when embedded here.
You'll have to trust me, in my image browser it is not!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here its okay, looks fine. I think that the simpliest subjects are the best ! nice one and great colors. There are so much things to shoot that we see everyday, and don't even notice.

hmm i won't go too philosophic its late Very Happy

great shot sir

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's after work and I'm tired, but it doesn't look sharp on my monitor, even
after sipping some coffee! Wink If I could make out texture in the cracks
of the road would be nice. Not my favorite from you, but you have so many
gems who cares. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio,

it looks like a place 500 m from my house away. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I know this phenomenon also, on the monitor and local it looks very sharp and everything is ok and if you see the picture than published on a website - scary.

May be thats the combination like landscapes (objects far away), wide lenses, little objects on the picture and jpg compression, thats too much. So I dont think that you will get for example the acre on the right site sharper as it is for the web.

May be a last and additional minimal sharpen before publishing will be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for comments guys

Rolf wrote:
Hi Orio,
it looks like a place 500 m from my house away. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, sometimes it happens to find striking similarities, isn't it? Smile

Quote:
I know this phenomenon also, on the monitor and local it looks very sharp and everything is ok and if you see the picture than published on a website - scary.

Really sad, because you take care on taking a photo and then it is displayed lower quality than you would expect.
This is a 100% crop from the original. It also suffers from the "embedding blur syndrome" of course:

Now please look at the same crop as posted on my website You will have to please copy and paste the link on the browser's address bar because the popup software of this forum now prevents to open image links directly:

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/oakcrop.jpg

Please open the above link in a new browser page and switch back and forth to this forum page to compare them.
Now you can see why it's so unfortunate. I think the difference is visible even to a distracted eye!

Quote:
May be thats the combination like landscapes (objects far away), wide lenses, little objects on the picture and jpg compression, thats too much. So I dont think that you will get for example the acre on the right site sharper as it is for the web.

Maybe optically this could make it worse but I think the problem exists with all my embedded images regardless of the subject.

Quote:
May be a last and additional minimal sharpen before publishing will be helpful.

Yes, probably you're right, but I'm always afraid of overdoing it.
Don't know, sometimes the results look so sad that I consider only posting links to my website, instead of embedding.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Please open the above link in a new browser page and switch back and forth to this forum page to compare them.
Now you can see why it's so unfortunate. I think the difference is visible even to a distracted eye!

Hi Orio,

I have done this. Sorry, but the difference in my opinion are very very small. Maybe that I have distracted eyes ( I´m in an age where I need reading glasses Very Happy )

Maybe that the forum software change something. But in general I believe what I said before. The individual objects on your picture are to small in combination of distance, largeness, type of lens (ww or sww) and jpeg compression and when you crop it then you will have the effect visible on your picture.

I do not believe that it is a question of the texture capabilities of your lens because this is really a better one.