Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

If you had to choose only 2 lenses for Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: If you had to choose only 2 lenses for Bokeh Reply with quote

In any of these 3 mounts: M42, Olympus OM and Minolta MD.

One for wide angle... around 15...20mm

and the other one for mid tele... around 40...85mm...

Oh, for using on a micro 4/3s camera... so there is a 2x crop factor.

and I would not like to spend more than about U$ 200 in each lens.

I have already:

M42: SMC Takumar 50 1.4, Meyer Oreston 50 1.8
OM: Zuiko 28 2.8 and Zuiko 50 1.4
Minolta: Rokkor 105 2.5

Thanks!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to choose only 2 lenses for Bokeh Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:

Bokeh in a 15mm or 20mm lens is a hard fight. Their inherent DOF is such that it's not easy to avoid deep focus, except for when you focus really close at wide open, a task in which almost all the superwides bite because due to the construction of the lens, they (may) have a good central part but usually the corners suck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: If you had to choose only 2 lenses for Bokeh Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Ivan Lee wrote:

Bokeh in a 15mm or 20mm lens is a hard fight. Their inherent DOF is such that it's not easy to avoid deep focus, except for when you focus really close at wide open, a task in which almost all the superwides bite because due to the construction of the lens, they (may) have a good central part but usually the corners suck.

Yeah, you're absolutelly right...
But I think I'm going to stick with rokkor glass... 50 1.2 rokkor is my first choice, what do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid-Tele: Primoplan 58mm 1.9 (14 blades), Jupiter-9 85mm.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volna-9 macro 50/2.8 (for shooting at f/2.Cool
Meyer Primoplan 58/1.9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bokeh of the Super Tak 35/3.5 it would be one of my picks. This is a lense that really have grown on me for portraits. It really has a soft gradual transition between the infocus and out of focus parts of the pictures.

Made a crop, notice the softness of the fingers in contrast to the infocus parts. The dof feels alot shorter then it really is.

Second for Bokeh is the Super Takumar 85/1.9. Overlooked lense because everyone want the S-M-C 85/1.8. I bought two copies of this lens for about 100$ each. They do exist outthere. The last I got was in minty condition with everything included, even the bag.

This is a picture that I took with it yesterday.

And here is another

Btw, your Takumar setup needs the 50/4 macro, 35/3.5, 55/1.8, 85/1.9, 105/2.8. Im just saying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zewrak,
I like the second picture very much. It takes me back to my child years when I used to spend endless afternoons with my friends. Thise were the days.
Very soulful image!

(the others are nice too)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Zewrak,
I like the second picture very much. It takes me back to my child years when I used to spend endless afternoons with my friends. Thise were the days.
Very soulful image!

(the others are nice too)

Maybe I should make a thread in the gallery with some of them shots. I took them for a friend, that wanted some shots of her kids.

Thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 2nd pic is outstanding!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Bokeh CZJ Biotar 25mm Reply with quote

I think this 25mm lens does a hell of a job doing bokeh...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like creamy bokeh.

FUJINON 55mm Macro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aykman wrote:
As a "anti-bokeh-ist" I do not select lenses for their bokeh Smile

But the image with the 2 children is great. Luv it!

cheers
Aykman

Anti-Bokeh? How can this be?
Your not going to tell me all of your photos exhibit great depth of field, at leat I hope you wont say this. Very Happy

Shallow depth of field benefits from nice bokeh, being anti-bokeh just dosent make sense.