Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A good idea maybe?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: A good idea maybe? Reply with quote

I was wondering about something...
often we see tilt/shift adapters for Pentacon 6 and other medium format lenses to be used on 35mm reflex cameras.
But to tell the truth, most of us own more 35mm lenses than medium format lenses.
So... why not create the same tool, but for mounting 35mm reflex lenses on 35mm rangefinder cameras?
Let's say we have a great 20mm lens for reflex. Enjoable tool, but we can not shift it to correct architecture.
Now what if instead of mounting this lens on a reflex, we mount it on a rangefinder camera by use of a shifting adapter?
I for instance am drooling at the idea of being able to use my recent Distagon 21 in shift mode.
So what about asking the producers of adapters (Alex first) to consider making a series of shift adapters for the most common lens brands to be mounted on M39 Leica thread mount cameras?
example:
Nikkor to M39 shifting adapter
M42 to M39 shifting adapter
Contax to M39 shifting adapter
Leica R to M39 shifting adapter
Olympus MF to M39 shifting adapter
et c.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it's a good idea to be able to see through the lens when using a tilt/shift?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I don't see the point.
Any 35mm reflex lens casts an image circle that is just big enough for 35mm film. This circle is also needed for a 35mm rangefinder.
So there is not much left for a shift...

The reason why medium format lenses are used as shift lenses is not the bigger register distance but the much bigger image circle.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
Surely it's a good idea to be able to see through the lens when using a tilt/shift?

oops! Embarassed
Yes I guess it would help a bit Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will se t/s adapters for evil cameras soon I'm sure Wink