Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 85 AIS & Lucinda
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Nikon 85 AIS & Lucinda Reply with quote

Hi all,
Been a while since I've be around so thought I'd post one from a shoot with a lovely young lady named Lucinda.
A few weeks ago, I picked up an old 85mm AIS very cheaply and as luck would have it, Lucinda ( a young lady completely new to modelling ) dropped by to help out with some Boudoir pose tests I wanted to try so, I thought I'd give the lens a try out at the same time on my D200!

The shot I've posted is not particularly exciting, but I quite liked it - taken in natural light with only a small silver reflector ( camera right ) for fill. I already have the 85mm AF-D and at f4, which was the aperure this shot was taken, there isn't much in it between either lenses! The little AIS is certainly a good lens, especially at the prices they go for. It's also a good lens to have in the bag as a backup!
Hope you like...
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huuh, rare seen here this kind of beauties! Many thanks to sharing! I guess lens doesn't matter in this case , amazing model with excellent knowledge of photography makes perfect picture like this. I am amazed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I like it a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Huuh, rare seen here this kind of beauties! Many thanks to sharing! I guess lens doesn't matter in this case , amazing model with excellent knowledge of photography makes perfect picture like this. I am amazed!

Thank you kindly Attila,
Yes, she certainly makes things very easy on the eye LOL... mind you the lens is no slouch either - it's a very good performer! It competes very favourably with the current 85mm 1.8 AF-D to my eye.
I love working manually even with digital which is secondary to my Medium Format work. I actually switch the auto lenses I have and use with digital to manual and focus that way - I just find it more reliable than using AF and I'm building a nice collection of manual focus lenses to use rather than just stand in a cabinet. I guess it's just the way I've always worked, but it suits me fine.
I also have a multi strobe system but whenever I get the chance, I always shoot with natural light.
Regards...
Tony
Tony

Last edited by tonymp on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
yes, I like it a lot!

Thank you Poilu
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymp wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thank you kindly Attila,
Yes, she certainly makes things very easy on the eye LOL... mind you the lens is no slouch either - it's a very good performer! It competes very favourably with the current 85mm 1.8 AF-D to my eye.
I love working manually even with digital which is secondary to my Medium Format work. I actually switch the auto lenses I have and use with digital to manual and focus that way - I just find it more reliable than using AF and I'm building a nice collection of manual focus lenses to use rather than just stand in a cabinet. I guess it's just the way I've always worked, but it suits me fine.
I also have a multi strobe system but whenever I get the chance, I always shoot with natural light.
Regards...
Tony
Tony

Please share more from your work taken with MF lenses I love to see them much! I had this lens also very nice indeed! I bought a Nikon 85mm f1.8 black pre-AI I found that lens even better so I kept and sold 85mm f2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Please share more from your work taken with MF lenses I love to see them much! I had this lens also very nice indeed! I bought a Nikon 85mm f1.8 black pre-AI I found that lens even better so I kept and sold 85mm f2

I've taken quite a few shots with different manual focus AIS /Series E lenses - nothing special in the shots but, I really enjoy shooting with them. I'll dig out a few and post them when I've got time.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Tony!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon 85 AIS & Lucinda Reply with quote

tonymp wrote:

The shot I've posted is not particularly exciting

I feel urged to point out that this is entirely your personal opinion. Laughing

(nice work!)

-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon 85 AIS & Lucinda Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
tonymp wrote:

(nice work!)

-

Exactly right, there, Orio! What's not to like about this picture, excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, it's the lens we are all interested in Cool Cool Cool

My "missing" lens from the nikons is the 85/1,4 - but I just love the /1,8 and the /2. This shot really serves the lens well

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon 85 AIS & Lucinda Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio wrote:
tonymp wrote:

(nice work!)

-

Exactly right, there, Orio! What's not to like about this picture, excellent!

Thanks Orio & Katastrofo,
What I meant to say was, that it's one of my regular stock poses which I shoot with most models or WAGs - she'd seen some others I'd shot in that pose and wanted one for her PF which she is building, so I shot a few for her. I shoot that pose all the time as it's a favourite of most females so I suppose I get a little bored with it but, she is certainly one of the best new models I've shot in that pose!
Well you know what I'm trying to say LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm having trouble seeing past the 'eye candy' for the lens! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know Tony - I was joking Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Of course, it's the lens we are all interested in Cool Cool Cool

My "missing" lens from the nikons is the 85/1,4 - but I just love the /1,8 and the /2. This shot really serves the lens well

patrickh

Well, I was more interested in the results from the lens Patrick - very, very sad huh CoolI've thought about the 85 1.4 myself, which is great lens I'm told but, just can't decide whether it would be worth it to me to get one. I'm not a collector in the usual sense of the word - if I get it, it's got to be useful and earn it's keep.
I'm sure I'd be more than happy with it as apparently it has excellent bokeh.
I reckon if I find a good one at the right price, I won't pass it by! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot, Tony. I like the photo very much. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the lense, the model and the photo. All very nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Nice shot, Tony. I like the photo very much. Thanks for sharing.

You're very welcome - thank you for the kind comment too!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
I like the lense, the model and the photo. All very nice.

Thank you indeed Ron!

Tony