Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First street photography experience (Sonnar 2.8/85)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: First street photography experience (Sonnar 2.8/85) Reply with quote

Following two shot are with Carl Zeiss Sonnar 2.8/85 (Rollei-QB), wide open

This one is like %50 crop:

Shot with Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 4/200 (Rollei-QB) using MF Servo Laughing Again wide open (I'm using 2x angle finder with MF lenses)

Below are with an AF Sigma 28-300/3.5-6.3 DC Macro, I put it as I needed a wide angle and as the models came running I've used it, it is not bad on 5D at f:11 but looks weak on cropped sensors, all of them are f:11:

Last edited by yalcinaydin on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! Especially that third one... first rate stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin, you are really getting the hang of this. And I have a felling you are enjoying yourself too.

Beautiful shots.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Really grand!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did great job! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I still have a lot of things to learn.

Last edited by yalcinaydin on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, maybe, but you already have an "eye" which is more than half the battle.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, especialy the first free , very important the eye contact for a photographer and viewer.... well . the 3rd is a superb b&w.

nice lens you have here Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent first round, Yalcin! 2,3, and 4 are killer shots!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me is #6, Yalcin. Excellent shot. I like much the composition with the foreground portrait and the background with the legs.

-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
For me is #6, Yalcin. Excellent shot. I like much the composition with the foreground portrait and the background with the legs.

Orio, I first made a tight crop by leaving the leftmost child outside the crop then it felt me that the overall impact reduced so started again and then with this composition it felt just right. To be honest I know too much techincal stuff but not experienced outside the concert halls so going out with more experienced friends really helps in improving myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Orio wrote:

Orio, I first made a tight crop by leaving the leftmost child outside the crop then it felt me that the overall impact reduced so started again and then with this composition it felt just right. To be honest I know too much techincal stuff but not experienced outside the concert halls so going out with more experienced friends really helps in improving myself.

You nailed the composition of #6 perfectly.
This is a great shot. Worth of a gallery.

-

Last edited by Orio on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the composition, dynamic and poised. The photos are full of life and personality.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots all around.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great for a photograph to have easy contact with people

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are historical shots btw, at least for me cause the municipality is tearing the houses down as this place is landslide area with not well build houses but the problem is these people are all poor (they are generall pedlar). Municipality is moving the people to apartments that newly made just on the city borders but I don't know if it is %100 free for them.

It is called Kadifekale as it is just near the Izmir castle 'Kadifekale' and is notorious as people think of there as a dangerous place. Kadifekale is nearly at the city centre and after the first phase of the tearing down, the Izmir Agora's front side become viewable:
http://wowturkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5671

Here is the view from the place, they have great Izmir view that our house doesn't Smile

The place from a lower view point, you can point the castle on top of the hill, below it is this ghetto area, I've shot the upper one in the middle of the area:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_emre/2310636313/sizes/l/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic pics! #3 and #6 are the best for me.
But what do you mean with MFservo? Perhaps I missed something.

Gerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeCool wrote:
fantastic pics! #3 and #6 are the best for me.
But what do you mean with MFservo? Perhaps I missed something.

Gerd

I'm tracking the action (the ball) with contiously manual focusing which is called AI Servo in EOS bodies if you AF Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalcin -- absolutely perfect set!

All !!

But number 3 is a WINNER in my view..

good luck!!!

tf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, Yalcin!