Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cats in the Sun (Nikkor 2.5/105 AI)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Cats in the Sun (Nikkor 2.5/105 AI) Reply with quote

My three cats had an exhausting day of work this Saturday. Here is the chronicle of all their fatigues:

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/catsinthesun/index.html

Taken with 5DMlII and the Nikkor 2.5/105 AI, which is, in my opinion, the best 100mm lens ever made (at least, of those I have tried). Only defect: a bit warm tone cast. Not a problem to correct with digital. Sharpness is terrific and bokeh very pleasing at both wide open and stopped down.
I have this lens since 15 years and still with me Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! those cats have style!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a handsome crew Orio and beautifully captured. I currently have four cats in my household (and three dogs) thanks to a pet loving daughter who is currently living with me. One is a calico and really smart. Amazing how cats can go for long periods doing absolutely nothing. That combination of the nikkor with the 5D works better than I would have expected, although I find my nikkors behave very well on the 40D Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They looks ferocious Wink Cats are top models in fur ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
wow! those cats have style!

Yes, they graciously let us work hard to earn their daily food Laughing

patrickh wrote:
One is a calico and really smart.

I talked to a cat breeder some days ago and she told me that calico cats "have one gear more" (to use a car metaphor that is common in Italy).
Melissa has a bit of calico blood in her veins but mixed with other more common breeds.

Quote:
That combination of the nikkor with the 5D works better than I would have expected, although I find my nikkors behave very well on the 40D Embarassed Embarassed

I think the 2.5/105 will look great in any camera. Look at this 100% crop from the 20th picture in the series. Amazing detail and not the slightest hint of any CA !:
http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/gattocrop.htm

Jieffe wrote:
Cats are top models in fur ...

And when they are together, they enter in competition as soon as they notice that doing cute moves attracts my attention. So they want to grab my attention and they do more cute moves Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Orio, those cats are wonderful!

Melissa is my favourite, but Attila jr. makes me laugh everytime.
They still have their winter fur? They look so furry Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Thanks for sharing Orio, those cats are wonderful!

Melissa is my favourite, but Attila jr. makes me laugh everytime.
They still have their winter fur? They look so furry Wink

Bonnie and Attila Jr. have lots of fur, actually they have two separate layers, fur and underfur. We brush them every day, they keep losing a lot of fur but the are still much furry. Attila Jr. especially has angora-type fur, very airy and fluffy, very soft. I always threaten him that if he doesn't behave I will make of him a pair of gloves for the winter Laughing

Melissa has rather long fur but not dense.

Attila Jr. is the funniest cat I ever had. Very Happy A little nuts guy. He always makes me think of cartoons. Very Happy I believe that cartoon makers have observed and studied cats like him to make their animations Smile We can tell by the sound of the gattaiola (what is the English name of the cat's little door?) when he comes back home, because he goes through it at maximum speed Laughing I wonder how he doesn't hurt. Of course it's a play and fun for him Smile like when we were kids and running full speed down the stairs or jumping over the bed. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I always threaten him that if he doesn't behave I will make of him a pair of gloves for the winter Laughing

Let me guess, he doesn't care about? Wink

I think you're right, to watch them ist one of the best methods to study funny behavoir, movement. Smile
The gattaiola must be a great fun for him Smile .
We don't have one but instead we have cartons in every room, filled with styrofoam bubbles. And our Balou is jumping from one to another, like a lunatic. You can almost see in his eyes what will come next. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:

The gattaiola must be a great fun for him Smile .
We don't have one but instead we have cartons in every room, filled with styrofoam bubbles. And our Balou is jumping from one to another, like a lunatic. You can almost see in his eyes what will come next. Laughing

Like this? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
exactly! Thanks for the laugh Wink
She's so cute....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cats in the Sun (Nikkor 2.5/105 AI) Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
My three cats had an exhausting day of work this Saturday. Here is the chronicle of all their fatigues:

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/catsinthesun/index.html

Taken with 5DMlII and the Nikkor 2.5/105 AI, which is, in my opinion, the best 100mm lens ever made (at least, of those I have tried). Only defect: a bit warm tone cast. Not a problem to correct with digital. Sharpness is terrific and bokeh very pleasing at both wide open and stopped down.
I have this lens since 15 years and still with me Smile

Cute guys! Excellent captures! I also kept this lens I can confirm too , outstanding!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats life is tough ! we can't even imagine i guess.
anyway your cats are very good posers and look superb0 i laughed at some pix, but pic 4 is the best expression of cat day ( read life )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last shot is a one in a million. I agree about the lens (I have two of them).

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a pleasure viewing your cat shots, Orio! Agree, what a great catch
of Melissa in the box buried in styrofoam peanuts!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you lead a good life, you come back as a well cared for cat. Laughing