Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica T4 good as than it's reputation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Yashica T4 good as than it's reputation Reply with quote

I bought this camera to my wife , (she like point and shoot only..) pretty incredible one. Film is Fuji Color 200 mostly produce pretty crap result none of my 35mm produce with any lenses better results than T4!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had one since the late 80's or early 90's - and I drove over it with a Toyota Camry one time. Still works, barely a smudge on the surface. Very nice camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If works give it a good usage nice pocket camera for every day usage.I bought a T3 too as backup for her.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the T4 Super D? I keep looking at them on ebay, (the 3.5/35
Zeiss is superb) but they all seem to go for over $200! Rolling Eyes

Great results, Attila!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Is that the T4 Super D? I keep looking at them on ebay, (the 3.5/35
Zeiss is superb) but they all seem to go for over $200! Rolling Eyes

Great results, Attila!

Same lens T4 no super D but superb indeed!
They don't have optical difference.
I bought locally only for 30 USD I bought a T3 for 10 USD too. with Zeiss 35/2.8 lens. If I see any this cheap locally I will take it for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very nice prices!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a super little compact, and the lens is a peach. I have had my T5 (same lens) for some time, and I took it as a backup to my Contax and CZ travel lens set on a trip to Pompeii a while back. When the films came back from processing, I remember flicking through the first pack and thinking what a corking lens the Planar was, till I realised that it must be the T5, as there wasn't the mix of wide and tele. Sure enough, a check over my notebook showed that I was looking at the T5 set, not one of the set taken on the Contax with the mix of Planar, Distagon and Sonnar I usually take on trips abroad.

Oddly enough I didn't have the same sort of success rate with my T3, which I'd bought because it had the slightly faster f/2.8, but I think its AF was unreliable. I see enough good comments from others about the T3 to think that my example was not all it should have been.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my T5 have top glass but need 1 sec to take a pic, only usable for landscape

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave to Monica one of these Yashica film P&S 10 years ago.
It has a Tessar lens. But I don't remember which model.
The pictures she took with it look great for a compact camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "T"-line is considered to be excellent.
Do you know David Bradford, the taxi-driving photographer on NYC?
He shoots with a Yashica T4 exclusively!

"Drive-By Shootings"
http://www.amazon.de/Drive-Shootings-Photographs-York-Driver/dp/3833112980

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Yashica T3 (got it for 10 Euro) delivered very good results up to now, but I did not use it very often. It is a bit bulkier than the T4 i think, but has a slightly faster lens f=2.8.
I heard that T4 and T5 have a delay because after starting the lens has to move out of the housing. The t3 is ready after opening the little cover - no delay. Downsides: motoric film advance, expensive 2CR5 battery, automatic flashing must be switched off manually every time after restarting, no controls at all, automatic ISO - just a P&S, but a good one.

Gerd